10 hours ago, dehowie said:

You must be missing something completely obvious in my point as what you just stated is EXACTLY my point.

AMK struggle to get access to mold facilities due to the busy production of the parent company.

This means they dont have the access a company like Tamiya does as they have access whenever they want. Hence Tamiya can tweak there molds as much as needed to eliminate any issue other than short shotting.

AMK rely on advanced post molding checking Tamiya relies on making the kit perfect before molding. So when AMK’s tech breaks then so does the QC they rely on and you end up with the Kfir situation with inferior parts getting into boxes.

Im not sure what your on about as i have made it very clear that people expecting Tamiya quality(guys above) have expectations that are pretty high and how AMK has done so well so far without an issue has been great.

If you cant see that a company with limited access to mold machinery like AMK will have issues compared to a company with unlimited assess ie Tamiya then no amount of Philipino’s on 5 cents per hour will help.

But AMK is the parent company.

That's their molds, their factory, their processes.

They don't make their production by someone else.

They make it in-house.

So they have access to their molds when they like.

47 minutes ago, Stephen said:

When is the new Kfir going to reach the UK?

My question for the last 4 weeks...Europe seems to be left out in delivery! I am not going to order via the US which would bump th eprice up to 100$...

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:24 AM, Whiskey said:

Man y’all are some serious folks trying to have a serious debate about parts, quality control, injection processes, etc. Would it not be best if that talk was moved somewhere else so those of us that want to just discuss the Kfir model may do so? Or how about not drag it on any further? 

a lot of process engineers and quality control engineers posting on here right now <G>!

I'll find my sheepskin if you find yours

gary

11 hours ago, shion said:

But AMK is the parent company.

That's their molds, their factory, their processes.

They don't make their production by someone else.

They make it in-house.

So they have access to their molds when they like.

No they do not according to what was posted in the F-14 topic.

The delays as quoted by AMK is that they cant get access to the molding equipment  that is why they needed 5000 pre orders to ensure access.

If they could not get 5000 pre orders then molding would slip till next year.

So what is the reason for the F-14 delay?

You even agreed with Mofos summary is exactly what i have been saying here.

In short if you have access full time to the machinery you have absolutely no excuse for stuffing up the Kfir parts and you have a major quality control issue. If you dont then exactly whay i have been saying is correct.

So which is it?

Edited by dehowie
22 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

a lot of process engineers and quality control engineers posting on here right now <G>!

I'll find my sheepskin if you find yours

gary

At least, one.:whistle:

19 hours ago, dehowie said:

No they do not according to what was posted in the F-14 topic.

The delays as quoted by AMK is that they cant get access to the molding equipment  that is why they needed 5000 pre orders to ensure access.

If they could not get 5000 pre orders then molding would slip till next year.

So what is the reason for the F-14 delay?

You even agreed with Mofos summary is exactly what i have been saying here.

In short if you have access full time to the machinery you have absolutely no excuse for stuffing up the Kfir parts and you have a major quality control issue. If you dont then exactly whay i have been saying is correct.

So which is it?

It's not the fact that they can't get access to the molding equipment, because it's their injection machines and their molds.

The problem is, when you mobilize your workforce to self-investment projects, you lose slots for client orders.

Real and direct profit is always better than hypothetical profit.

Looking at a sentence from further above...

..." The delays as quoted by AMK is that they can't get access to the molding equipment  that is why they needed 5000 pre orders to ensure access. "...

If that is true then probably the Kfir was only produced in small number so far and the whole shippment went to the US?

On 12/15/2017 at 4:25 AM, Sio said:

Hi, All,

Looks like guys are very interesting with plastic injection. As a technical guy, I join you with some opinions here.

Yes! AMK injection is not that hi-tech. It is simply plastic injection, same like all other manufacturers. We also check plastics visually by eyes, have notice on machnes in red big letters like "Beware of Short shot", etc. All are the same.

Unfortunately, Mk 82 bomb is not that easy to check visually by eyes, especially when you see from top. Ryan noticed it just when he was taking pictures. So, what can do is, during injection, take pictures regularly of the bomb, and zoom in the computer to see if there is deformation or not. It is just simply one more procedure of checking.

About the DESIGN, surely, we knew it is with higher risk of shrinkage and cooling problems. But to the theorectical data below may not be that true.

****** The part material is normally PS.

****** PS admits a wall thickness between 0.889 mm and 3.81 mm.

Yes! We also use PS same like all other manufacturers. What we had done without any problem, are wall thickness between 0.20mm to 6.50mm. If you are intested, you can check out our R-40 for MIG-31 if you have one. The body is with diameter 6.50mm while the fins with minimum thickness of 0.20mm.

So, the design of Mk 82 should not be a problem. Let's our new batch of production then.

PM sent

2 hours ago, anj4de said:

Looking at a sentence from further above...

..." The delays as quoted by AMK is that they can't get access to the molding equipment  that is why they needed 5000 pre orders to ensure access. "...

If that is true then probably the Kfir was only produced in small number so far and the whole shippment went to the US?

Haha. Not true!

Czech has it already.

Spain and Italy got them landing on the ports already.

Hannants and MBK placed order waiting for confirmation too.

14 hours ago, shion said:

At least, one.:whistle:

It's not the fact that they can't get access to the molding equipment, because it's their injection machines and their molds.

The problem is, when you mobilize your workforce to self-investment projects, you lose slots for client orders.

Real and direct profit is always better than hypothetical profit.

Haha. At least, two.

But you are talking more about business running now, which I am not that professional.

49 minutes ago, Sio said:

Haha. Not true!

Czech has it already.

Spain and Italy got them landing on the ports already.

Hannants and MBK placed order waiting for confirmation too.

...any links to shops over here that have it already?

thanks

Uwe

Edited by anj4de

For what it is worth, Hannants list the 1/48 as "back in stockwhich I take to mean they sold out their first batch and have got more in. Unfortunately they also sold out the 1/72 but didn't get more of those......

19 minutes ago, RCAFFAN said:

For what it is worth, Hannants list the 1/48 as "back in stockwhich I take to mean they sold out their first batch and have got more in. Unfortunately they also sold out the 1/72 but didn't get more of those......

That's the first boxing. The second boxing, which is what we are after, is still shown as a Future Release on Hannants with a TBA price.

They have 11 of the original boxing in stock, which I imagine they are trying to shift before selling the newer one.

Jon

9 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Hey everyone. 

Whats this about getting access to molds?
We own the factory so we can have access to everything we need when we need it.

Who writes this stuff?

Well its been written VERY clearly in the F-14 topic that Sio has discussed your lack of access due to molding commitments.

to cross post from what Sio has said..

From Sio

I am in charge of AMK”

Don't worry! Everything is on going!

We are always slow just because of our own factory is always busy, and AMK production has to give way to the original customer of the factory.”

”We just can never be sure with the schedule, because of other orders in the factory.”

f you follow our facebook, you should know, moulds of 1/72 Kfir were almost done half a year ago. Unfortumately, our factory was super full of orders. We had no way to make any move for minor changes of the moulds.”

”Since our own factory has customers, and their orders should have the priority to be produced in the factory. What we did before, is to use the spare time in the factory to produce kits. That is why we were slow”

i think its pretty clear that you guys ie AMK are the ones who have said on plenty of occasions you do not have access “whenever” you need to....

Edited by dehowie

Uhh...  none of that bears any relation to access.

AMK was launched by an injection molding factory that had produced kits for other model companies, as a way to generate revenue in the idle time between paying customers.  They saw what model kits could be a viable product line, had the facilities to produce them, so decided to create 'AMK'. 

The reason for the F-14 and Kfir delays is that other companies were paying them to develop and tool products.  The factory has limited time and resources, so it is more economically prudent for them to dedicate those resources to customers with cash in hand - and rigid deadlines - rather than an in-house project that they hope will turn a profit in the future. 

The purpose of the pre-order campaign was to remove that risk: if they could guarantee 5000 sales, they would guarantee $____ in income.  Presumably that income would be higher than any short-term contract work, in which case it would be more lucrative to work on their in-house model kit, rather than a customer's milk crates, or toothbrush handles, or fidget spinners.

So the limiting factor isn't access.  They have constant access.  The limiting factor is finding space in the production schedule to make use of that access.  If or when they have the time or incentive to work on an in-house project, they have every bit as much access as Tamiya does in their own factory*.  Because just like Tamiya, they are the factory. 

*In fact, I'm fairly certain Tamiya tools their kits in Japan then ships the tooling to the Philippines for production, so they should actually have more access.  They're more akin to Bandai, who does everything in-house, in one facility.