Ok. Apart from my illness that keeps me from being as rampant as I would like on these forums, there is pretty much nothing I won't share with you.

If you have specific questions then please feel free to ask here rather than speculate.

Don't forget there are only a few of us in this company at the moment so your support is VERY gratefully received. We aim to give you guys the best engineered model kits available in any scale and easy to build.
Come on, this is a passion for us not just a business. We don't yet make anything out of this except a few beers so please bear with us whilst we improve and we put all our money back into the company.
We are passionate about our hobby. We are modelers as well as you know so we are giving it a fair go. We will be making mistakes and we will be getting things wrong. Hopefully we only get things wrong once.

If you can help us with feedback and advice then it is all taken on board. Good and bad all makes us better and that is all we can hope for.

If anything, we hope we have shown so far that customer service is 100% focus and we aim to get that totally right each time and every time.

If you can let us get a few beers every month and allow us to put the rest back into the company then we will all be happy with that. AMK is our 100% focus apart from the odd beer and model we want to make.

Myself? I am currently making a 1/48 Tamiya F-16C block 50 from Turkey in Test config.
If you think we don't build, send us a PM and I will send pics of my current projects on the go hahahahahaha.

Look, we started this company with modelers in mind. We wanted to give ourselves the models we wanted. If we can give YOU the models YOU want then we are all winners here.

I don't really know what else to say to be honest....

On 12/20/2017 at 4:46 PM, MoFo said:

Uhh...  none of that bears any relation to access.

AMK was launched by an injection molding factory that had produced kits for other model companies, as a way to generate revenue in the idle time between paying customers.  They saw what model kits could be a viable product line, had the facilities to produce them, so decided to create 'AMK'. 

The reason for the F-14 and Kfir delays is that other companies were paying them to develop and tool products.  The factory has limited time and resources, so it is more economically prudent for them to dedicate those resources to customers with cash in hand - and rigid deadlines - rather than an in-house project that they hope will turn a profit in the future. 

The purpose of the pre-order campaign was to remove that risk: if they could guarantee 5000 sales, they would guarantee $____ in income.  Presumably that income would be higher than any short-term contract work, in which case it would be more lucrative to work on their in-house model kit, rather than a customer's milk crates, or toothbrush handles, or fidget spinners.

So the limiting factor isn't access.  They have constant access.  The limiting factor is finding space in the production schedule to make use of that access.  If or when they have the time or incentive to work on an in-house project, they have every bit as much access as Tamiya does in their own factory*.  Because just like Tamiya, they are the factory. 

*In fact, I'm fairly certain Tamiya tools their kits in Japan then ships the tooling to the Philippines for production, so they should actually have more access.  They're more akin to Bandai, who does everything in-house, in one facility.

Hey MoFo - Very astute brother.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

you know I'm not an AMK fan boy, but am kinda fond of the out fit. Why? Because they always listen to the end users. Very open about what they are doing. May also be a down fall!

Still baffled by your lack of interest in large scales or props, and what seems like little interest in 1/72 scale (I know you do a couple kits, but they'd be climbing the walls for a Mig31 or Mig25!). 

So your only interested in modern jets. Bully for you, but listen to what the builders are looking for. Listen to the issues the other kits have, and do them better. That's all these guys here want to see. Build me a perfect f100d, and I'm good for five kits if not eight. Do a nice F104c, and the world will knock on your door. I'd kill for a good Su25. 

gary

1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

you know I'm not an AMK fan boy, but am kinda fond of the out fit. Why? Because they always listen to the end users. Very open about what they are doing. May also be a down fall!

Still baffled by your lack of interest in large scales or props, and what seems like little interest in 1/72 scale (I know you do a couple kits, but they'd be climbing the walls for a Mig31 or Mig25!). 

So your only interested in modern jets. Bully for you, but listen to what the builders are looking for. Listen to the issues the other kits have, and do them better. That's all these guys here want to see. Build me a perfect f100d, and I'm good for five kits if not eight. Do a nice F104c, and the world will knock on your door. I'd kill for a good Su25. 

gary

First paragraph: I don't really get this complaint. I don't see anyone banging down Wingnuts' door complaining they've stuck to one scale and one subject. 

Second paragraph: Aside from the F-14, I'd say this is exactly what they've done, and I'd say this is reflected in their release plans.

Jon

• 3 months later...

Hi All.

I've joined this forum (at this specific time) so that I may somehow be able to make contact with AMK regarding their Kfir.

Being an F-14 fan I took notice when I heard this company AMK (which before I had never heard of) were going to release an F-14. Eventually I came across their Facebook page (I'm not really up on all this social media) and while looking for info regarding their F-14 I came across info (such as images showing the molds) regarding the Kfir. I thought it was a great looking aircraft and I'd love to be able to get one. So time goes on and then about 2 weeks ago I see an advert for an AMK 1/48 Kfir and decide to buy this kit - around £35 if memory serves (1 of the 2 or maybe 3 kits I'll probably be able to afford this year). I'm new to modelling. This is the second kit I've started, the first not being finished yet, so I'm not exactly in the know when it comes to how things work. I wasn't to happy just the next day when I found out that AMK had re-released the kit due to shape issues (I'd bought a lemon so to speak). Now, I have made a slow start on the kit but I must say that whenever I sit down to put in some time with it I have a heavy heart (like a I know I've just been mugged (sort of)). Now I gather that AMK is a rather new and small company and may not have the clout to replace the defective parts for free like some model companies HAVE done. But what I ask is if it is simply a case of the two fuselage halves being a bit off why does AMK not give THEIR CUSTOMERS the opportunity to purchase these parts. I don't know how much it would cost AMK to do such a thing but I'd happily pay £10 to rescue my model.

Please let me say to all that though this is my first post on this forum, and it is a bit of a moan, this is not my first visit to your forum and I have often past many an hour enjoying the amazing work you guys do and that now I'm a member I might find the motivation to put a build up my self some time. 

Scott,

First off welcome to ARC! This is an amazing place to hang out and just talk about models.

Secondly, in all honesty, I would not be too bummed out about your choice and purchase especially being newer to the hobby. I have seen plenty of great looking Kfir builds come out of AMK's initial release. I consider the fuselage issues a lot like the problems that people complain about when viewing the ZM F-4 series. These are some of the best aircraft models on the market today and there is always something that is unsatisfactory to some folks. I say enjoy it for what it's worth and have fun!

HI Whiskey.

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Truth be known I think I have some sort of modelling OCD. Though this Kfir will be the second model I've actually started I have  collected 6 or 7 models over the last few years and truth is there is not one that I'm even close to completely happy with. I opened up a HobbyBoss F-14A about a year ago. I started removing parts from the sprues. But then after reading a little about this kit (probably on this site actually) I ended up just sitting, literally for hours on end, trying to figure out how I could fix those Intakes. Well that got put to one side.

I know I shouldn't be worrying about such things and should be concentrating on the basics such as filling, scribing and painting etc.

Anyway back to the Kfir (OCD ahoy). I bought the Aires cockpit set and of course it troubles me. I'm trying to figure out how I can get the area along fuselage sides (the part where the canopy closes on to) and the area where the canopy sides join the front windscreen to look something the like the real thing. And I'm not even gonna have the canopy open! I've also been toying with the idea of scratch building the wheel wells. Yeah, I know what I should be doing. I should construct it out of box paint it and have some easy fun. 

Quickly back to AMK. I read this quote "If anything, we hope we have shown so far that customer service is 100% focus and we aim to get that totally right each and every time". I believe I may have read that on this thread. Now as far as I've been able to figure there is not even one way to make contact with the company. Except MAYBE on this forum.

But Whiskey, you are right, I'm gonna give up on these worries and just do it.

Again, thank you for the welcome.

I think ill stick with it Whiskey, besides, I imagine you could buy one new for cost of the postage from London to Texas. I would absolutely love to visit Texas one day. I have so far managed to dry fit the Aires cockpit and got it to fit O.K. but I must say I do have a small amount of trepidation when it comes to painting this it.

At the moment I'm still struggling with the finishing off of my Has. A-4C and, dear god, it nearly has me in tears some days.

Take it easy.

Hi Scott and welcome to ARC!

As far as AMK goes they are pretty much into Facepalm...errr...Facebook (LOL!). I don't use FB myself but if you do you could try contacting them there in regards your Kfir issue. They do stop by ARC but its pretty infrequent.

In regards to how some of your building woes go, my suggestion is to keep it simple. Build and complete a few kits just out of the box. I know you want to jump right in with aftermarket stuff and have everything look perfect. However, take a poll here on ARC or elsewhere asking the membership how many perfect models they've built and I suspect the numbers would be really low. Heck, I've been building since the 1970's and I don't have one model in my cabinet that I would deem perfect. Good, nice, happy with, my best... sure. Nothing absolutely perfect. This can be a very frustrating hobby at times, especially when you start adding in resin, photo-etch, cutting/dropping flaps and slats, scratch building etc. Sadly this frustration has lead to folks giving up the hobby.

Hey, to each their own and you need to do what you want. Just try not to bite off more then you can chew. Good luck!

Cheers!

Don

Hey there Don.

Thanks for the welcome.

I do actually have a FB account, can't say I use it but I do have one. I don't really get how it works exactly, but when I checked their page it seemed there were two options to make contact with AMK. First there was a link to their website which of course doesn't exist. And second there seems to be an icon labelled something like "send message" and that also doesn't work. I think that maybe it's possible to add remarks on the stream of entries they put up on their page for people to read but I don't believe for a second they such a remark would be read by AMK (I could very well be wrong about that). Now, as I say, I don't really know FB and I could have this all wrong. But one thing I know for sure is that there's no way I'm gonna buy one of their new F-14s (my fav aircraft), and previously I couldn't wait for it to be released, because it would that seem if by chance I receive a kit without, say, a canopy, then that as good as £50 - £60 (or whatever) in the bin.

As for the perfect model. Well, I would take a guess that nothing can be perfect, I have since my first entry on this thread decided to reign in my ambition. It's funny (not funny haha) and can be really quite disturbing that the desire to find perfection can be truly paralysing.

Ok then Don, thanks for your input and remarks. Take it easy and have a good one.

Scott.

11 hours ago, ScottJ said:

And second there seems to be an icon labelled something like "send message" and that also doesn't work.

Hi ScottJ,

First, welcome to the Forum!

I just got on Facebook and went to their page. The Send Message feature worked fine for me. It should pop up a small window. You enter your message at the bottom of this window. It gets sent as soon as you hit the enter key (so no paragraphing). You will get a notification when and if they reply. I would definitely try it again. I have found that companies and vendors are usually quite responsive on Facebook.

I also echo what Don said about perfection. I've been building models since the 50's. I'm at the age now where my skills are actually getting worse :crying2: But, its still fun. Try to have fun building. Much more enjoyable that way.

Edited by Mstor
correct spelling error
On 4/1/2018 at 9:17 AM, ScottJ said:

Truth be known I think I have some sort of modelling OCD. Though this Kfir will be the second model I've actually started I have  collected 6 or 7 models over the last few years ......

Only 6 or 7 ????  Seriously ?????

I’m laughing at me, not at you. 

If I completed a kit every week for the rest of my life I would still be nowhere near depleting my stash.   :(   :(   :(

“Hi my name’s John and I am a styrene collectoholic....”

On 4/5/2018 at 5:23 PM, ScottJ said:

Hey there Don.

Thanks for the welcome.

I do actually have a FB account, can't say I use it but I do have one. I don't really get how it works exactly, but when I checked their page it seemed there were two options to make contact with AMK. First there was a link to their website which of course doesn't exist. And second there seems to be an icon labelled something like "send message" and that also doesn't work. I think that maybe it's possible to add remarks on the stream of entries they put up on their page for people to read but I don't believe for a second they such a remark would be read by AMK (I could very well be wrong about that). Now, as I say, I don't really know FB and I could have this all wrong. But one thing I know for sure is that there's no way I'm gonna buy one of their new F-14s (my fav aircraft), and previously I couldn't wait for it to be released, because it would that seem if by chance I receive a kit without, say, a canopy, then that as good as £50 - £60 (or whatever) in the bin.

As for the perfect model. Well, I would take a guess that nothing can be perfect, I have since my first entry on this thread decided to reign in my ambition. It's funny (not funny haha) and can be really quite disturbing that the desire to find perfection can be truly paralysing.

Ok then Don, thanks for your input and remarks. Take it easy and have a good one.

Scott.

Very odd.

Never heard from you on Facebook and I have no PM from you here or anywhere else we hang out.

In point of fact, one of my posts heads this very thread.

Anyway, Facebook is where we are most active I am afraid.
I'm sorry BUT as much as we may wish to, I can't monitor every possibility in the expectation that someone is wanting to get hold of us.

The website is down and there are lots of my posts explaining why on here. 

Most people here know how to get hold of me personally. Feel free to send me a PM.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models
On 4/5/2018 at 5:23 PM, ScottJ said:

I don't believe for a second they such a remark would be read by AMK (I could very well be wrong about that). Now, as I say, I don't really know FB and I could have this all wrong.

We do as you can see from the plethora of posts we make to individuals on every thread.

On 12/23/2017 at 7:11 AM, ChesshireCat said:

So your only interested in modern jets. Bully for you, but listen to what the builders are looking for.

We are also doing vehicles.

On 12/23/2017 at 7:11 AM, ChesshireCat said:

Listen to the issues the other kits have, and do them better.

That's exactly what we are trying to do.

• 2 months later...

Hello all

Today I received the updated 1/48 scale Kfir. A first inspection makes me want to dive into it right away. Not sure if I will find the time though. The kit is simply beautiful. The only two upgrades I have in mind are a new seat and the Master pilot tube in brass. Decal wise I will step away from this kit since I want an early C-2 in either desert or air superiority camo and a relatively clean fighter/interceptor load out. Checking the web I did not find a lot of good pics of this period though. The late 70ties were way before the times of digi cams... 😞

The whole kit has a very high grade apperance and is presented very nicely. A word on availability...only one shop in Germany carries the new Kfir...I wonder why this is tha case. With the F-14 on the horizon AMK should expand their distribution network a lot, the F-14 will sell like mad...if it is available in numbers and from different sources!!!

cheers

Uwe

Edited by anj4de