1/32 A-1E conversion

Fisher Models is doing a 1/32 A-1E conversion for the Trumpeter or ZM kit. They are taking pre-orders.  Single kit for $115 or 2 kits for $200.

http://fishermodels.indiemade.com/product/douglas-1e-skyraider-conversion-132-scale

http://fishermodels.indiemade.com/product/douglas-1e-skyraider-conversion-132-scale-double-kit

Looks nice.  I've always had a thing for the family version, wonder if he'll do other (USN) variants?    My only concern before I plunk down that much money is the canopy.  Pretty extensive thing to do in clear resin, I've seen other manufactures try resin canopys and they came out flawed.    I'll hold off on any purchase decision until I see some reviews.

Also, why no equip / seats in the back?  Pretty disappointing since it will be very visible. 

What you see in the pic isn't everything you get.

There is more info on LSP from the designer specifically post 71 in this thread

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=68879&p=962281

"That's not all of it, but you get the idea.All variants of the wide body were configured differently inside the cockpit and cabin, so there will be a conversion for the USAF A-1E up first, with the correct dual control and just some seats for the back if you want to add them.Yankee extraction units were fitted to most USAF two seaters so these will be included too.

Don't let the canopy scare you...I make them out of individual panels so if I screw one up in scribeing or polishing I don't bin the whole thing.Smart, huh? and while it will be an assembly it won't be the jigsaw puzzle you see here.

The belly is a simple slip on panel, and the interior will load up from underneath before you glue it up.I am including a proper cowling since I hate the one Turmpeter did, looks like a pill bottle to me. You can use their engine , tails, wings and such although the conversion will have parts to alter the wheel wells and gear door, etc.Harold at AMS makes cool wheels and props, and I hear Barracudacast is doing a prop too so you will be spoiled for choice on that!"

Edited by KevinS

I've seen at least three different canopies on wide body airframes. Two were very similar other than very dark tint on one. The one that really caught my eye was one that had all the middle glass replaced with metal. It was just bare metal! Think it was a Special Operations plane that operated with SOG. Although it could well have been Search & Rescue.

I'd really like to have this conversion, but at $115 it's alittle out of my income bracket when you add the price of a Trumpeter kit in the mix. Maybe Trumpeter or somebody else will take a hint and do an A1E that's affordable.

gary

3 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

I've seen at least three different canopies on wide body airframes. Two were very similar other than very dark tint on one. The one that really caught my eye was one that had all the middle glass replaced with metal. It was just bare metal! Think it was a Special Operations plane that operated with SOG. Although it could well have been Search & Rescue.

I'd really like to have this conversion, but at $115 it's alittle out of my income bracket when you add the price of a Trumpeter kit in the mix. Maybe Trumpeter or somebody else will take a hint and do an A1E that's affordable.

gary

The metal canopy top might've been for the A-1G. I was thinking the same. $115 for the conversion, throw in the steeper ZM kit for $159 plus maybe a set of decals not covered, now you got a little financing to do. 

Maybe I should finish the 1/48 A-1E shoe horn task first. 

Triet