Executive Officer Kane - Alien

Been working on this model off and on for a bit. It's the Polar Light Resin kit of executive officer Kane just before his ill fated incident. Great kit! The resin is so smooth and "creamy". Goes together very well with very little fuss. I have some small details to add to him and I have to paint the egg. Still working out a way to show color and transparency but should come out ok. I am lighting him up as far as the helmet light and flash light, but don't think I'm going to try to light his controls or anything. Just something simple.

IMAG1568small.jpg

Very nice so far! I wish I had the figure painting skills to be able to justify buying this. 

A few layers of clear paint followed by a flat coat should make by transparent without looking like it is. I'm sure you'll come up with something that'll work. Looking forward to seeing more if this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry I hadn't responded to this in quite a while. I pretty much finished him. I don't think I got the "chicken breast" color just right but I think it's close enough. Or at least it's suitably "yucky" as my daughters put it. I used some almost dried out superglue for the stringy webbing. It was more effective than I thought it would be. Just get a goop of it on the end of a small stick and the then pull it to the surface you want to connect it to. Once it dried I coated it with future to give it a bit more strength and shine. I'll try to get more overall shots when I get a chance. Thanks for checking it out and all the help.

Bill

5a735945da979_facehuggercopysmall.thumb.jpg.08daefdf7c717fcd4bb6f6bbce675f9f.jpg