Any 1/48 AIM-9P or 9N?

I am not sure what an AIM-9N is but you can find AIM-9Ps in the Academy Phantom and AFV Club F-5 kits. They are also available in Hasegawa's Weapon Set B and the new Meng Short-Range AAM set.

Mark 

Edited by gb_madcat_sl
15 minutes ago, ReccePhreak said:

Are there any aftermarket 1/48 AIM-9P or AIM-9N Sidewinders?

How about any kits I could scrounge a few from?

A Google search didn't turn up anything.

Larry

There's a new set from Meng (no. SPS-043) of short-range missiles. It includes what are described as 4 AIM-9N/Ps, which I assume means they can be done as either? FWIW, Meng has also issued sets of mediun-long range missiles and guided bombs.

21 minutes ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

I am not sure what an AIM-9N is but you can find AIM-9Ps in the Academy Phantom and AFV Club F-5 kits. They are also available in Hasegawa's Weapon Set B and the new Meng Short-Range AAM set.

Mark 

There are no Sidewinders in Hasegawa's Weapons Set B, they are in set C. And they don't have any N or P model Sidewinders. The closest they have is the AIM-9J.

Larry

29 minutes ago, seawinder said:

There's a new set from Meng (no. SPS-043) of short-range missiles. It includes what are described as 4 AIM-9N/Ps, which I assume means they can be done as either? FWIW, Meng has also issued sets of mediun-long range missiles and guided bombs.

Thanks for that info. As nice as they look, I can't justify ~ $20.00  for the set when I only need 2 Sidewinders. :bandhead2:

I guess I will put a post on the Spare Parts  forum, to see if anybody can spare a couple from that set or from one of the AFV F-5 kits.

Larry

On 10/16/2017 at 11:57 AM, Ilias said:

Why do you need the missiles? My bad :-) as I was navigating the Aires site

I need 2 of them for my friend, who is building the Hobby Boss TA-7C in Greek markings.

I am doing my TA-7C in Royal Thai Navy markings, and I still have to research which version of Sidewinders they used on it.

Larry

4 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

I need 2 of them for my friend, who is building the Hobby Boss TA-7C in Greek markings.

I am doing my TA-7C in Royal Thai Navy markings, and I still have to research which version of Sidewinders they used on it.

Larry

Great topic. I have seen a photo of 154404 (TA-7C) in Hellenic (Greek) AF carrying a Papa but one could more frequently notice the -M as well as the -N/P versions on Greek A-7Es.

Ilias