CD72077 - 1/72 SAC B-52G/H

CD72077 will be the SAC-era B_52G/H sheet that I had been talking about for a while. I have finally made enough progress to commit to an approximate release date in the January-February timeframe. 

The late/current B-52H sheet (CD72058) had been selling very well; and might sell out by the time the Modelcollect kit is actually here.

Too early for any profiles - I hope to start posting them sometime in November. There will be a good selection of airframes from different units and bases, covering 1970s to early 1990s.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

B-52G 58-0178 "Old Soldier" is one of the options I am working on for the new B-52 sheet. I can not quite tell which camouflage scheme this is, though. Was this a short-lived scheme or a modification of one of the other schemes? Any comments would be appreciated.

10240.jpg

640x640.jpg

That is the "strategic" scheme applied during the 80s; it followed the "SIOP" scheme (tan/green over white) and preceded the overall FS 36081.

It's 36081 with 34086 splotches on the top & sides and 36118 splotches on the bottom.  The 34086 tended to fade towards brown.

Many of the Desert Storm jets wore this scheme.

Great choice for the sheet!

Jonah

Edited by Gator52

Hi Kursad,

Hope it's not too late to request a scheme for this sheet.  I'd really love to see B-52G 58-0185 El Lobo II that took part in the Secret Squirrel mission.  I have some photos of her I took from the USAF Armament Museum where she currently resides...

-Derek

snvNXP3.jpg

5MSRL6M.jpg

gZ5wl0S.jpg

Edited by viking73
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I was thinking of buying the Italeri/AMT kit for the Griffiss AFB markings with Lady Liberty on the tail. Would you happen to be including that on your sheet? If so, i think I'll wait and buy the new B-52 instead of the AMT offering.

The sheet will include almost all unique tail markings seen on B-52s in the 1980/1990's, and Lady Liberty is definitely on the sheet. 

24 minutes ago, KursadA said:

The sheet will include almost all unique tail markings seen on B-52s in the 1980/1990's, and Lady Liberty is definitely on the sheet. 

Awesome! I'll hold off on the AMT kit and support you. One more small favor to ask. I'd like to do a Griffiss KC-135 refueling said B-52. They had the exact same artwork on the fin flash, but only smaller. Any chance of sticking that in the corner of the sheet, or maybe even doing another KC-135 sheet? :whistle:

5 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

Awesome! I'll hold off on the AMT kit and support you. One more small favor to ask. I'd like to do a Griffiss KC-135 refueling said B-52. They had the exact same artwork on the fin flash, but only smaller. Any chance of sticking that in the corner of the sheet, or maybe even doing another KC-135 sheet? :whistle:

Sorry, I don't think I can spare any space on the B-52 sheet for the KC-135 markings, but I will try and include them on the upcoming KC-135A/E sheet if possible.

4 hours ago, KursadA said:

Sorry, I don't think I can spare any space on the B-52 sheet for the KC-135 markings, but I will try and include them on the upcoming KC-135A/E sheet if possible.

Thanks for the consideration. I hesitated to ask because I know what it's like to get "requests" for things. I found out they flew KC-135R's as well if you ever do another R sheet. Niagara Falls would be a cool one as well. See, there I go again! :rolleyes: