CD72077 - 1/72 SAC B-52G/H

This is becoming a gold mine. Not sure how many KI pics you have but keep them coming. I got admit that base is special for me. It was the closest AFB to me growing up. Use to go my grandparents cabin in Northern Wisconsin and would always see them flying over. Pretty much solidified my decision to go into the air force. Was able to attend 2 open houses at the base in 92 and 93 when the recruiter from Green Bay took us up to the base, I went to basic Oct of 93. I have a few of the three guys sheets and was able to score a 2 sets of the KI decals from the Italeri re-release. But I think kursad could co a much better job than the Italeri ones. kI has a facebook page and someone there has posted some nice pics also which I emailed to Kursad.  

10 hours ago, KursadA said:

These are very cool - too bad there is only space for a few options on the sheet..Who knows, there may be other opportunities for more sheets if the Modelcollect kits sell well.

Make a seperate stencil sheet. Do the serial numbers, nose arts, tail flashes which seem only to be on the strategic schemes, the wing and squadron patch, crew names which are sometimes in a box decal and some on a state outline decal really take up a lot of room?

• 1 month later...

I remember being at a Griffiss open house many years ago when they operated the F-106. Saw them in the Alert Hangers as well as on display.

Anyway Jonah did they not operate the B-52 before 1993? At that same open house the B-52s were doing low level fly-bys as part of the air show. I know I took pictures but they are all slides and trying to post those will be difficult since they are Kodachrome and I cannot scan those for some silly reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:34 PM, skyhawk174 said:

I remember being at a Griffiss open house many years ago when they operated the F-106. Saw them in the Alert Hangers as well as on display.

Anyway Jonah did they not operate the B-52 before 1993? At that same open house the B-52s were doing low level fly-bys as part of the air show. I know I took pictures but they are all slides and trying to post those will be difficult since they are Kodachrome and I cannot scan those for some silly reason.

Sorry Chris, I overlooked your question until now-

Griffiss operated B-52Gs for decades, but only the B-52H for a couple of years in the 1990s between the time the Gs were retired and Griffiss closed.

On a separate note, I wonder if the market would support separate G & H sheets in 1/72?  😉  My small slice of the market would!

Jonah

Edited by Gator52
6 hours ago, Gator52 said:

Sorry Chris, I overlooked your question until now-

Griffiss operated B-52Gs for decades, but only the B-52H for a couple of years in the 1990s between the time the Gs were retired and Griffiss closed.

On a separate note, I wonder if the market would support separate G & H sheets in 1/72?  😉  My small slice of the market would!

Jonah

Hey Jonah no issue what so ever. Just need to expand my knowledge. I have a Monogram kit as well as an AMT one which I got for dirt cheap. Not sure if I am keeping it as I have heard there are some build issues. I may just bite the bullet and build my Monogram kit. Not sure if I have room for a new one.