CD72077 - 1/72 SAC B-52G/H

On 1/19/2022 at 7:59 AM, Dutch said:

Chris,  Thanks for the book tip.  I have it on backorder now through bookfinder.com. 🙂 K/r, Dutch

Got my ACC Bomber Triad book in the mail today! Woohoo! How did I miss this book before? Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! Now I know all the 34th BS B-52Gs that carried the MO tailcode at Castle. I am going to spend some time with this book. 

It's a dandy; one of my top 3 go-to modern USAF bomber references.  There's some really good South Dakota-themed nose art on the Ellsworth Bones: Prairie Thunder, Deadwood Express, Dakota Reveille, Badlands Bomber, Black Hills Sentinel, Dakota Drifter...

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

That photocopy looks like it came from an old issue of Airpower or Wings magazine.  Maybe someone can look through backissues and find a better scan. I know that I don't have that issue. "Big Stick" looks like an excellent candidate. Notice that the top photo #1 shows B-52G 57-6485 while the bottom photo (not from the same source) shows B-52G 57-6480.  I will check my other SAC/ACC bomber sources to try and find it.  I also love the KC-135A Shamu nose art for "Razorback" and "Boss Hog."

21 hours ago, fasteagle12 said:

Here's some photos from a 97th G from Blytheville/Eaker AFB of 'Big Stick' and a couple of others.  This was taken from Facebook 'Eaker Air Force Base '80s' page.   Possibly for a future sheet..

That's from the May '91 issue of Airpower magazine.  Happy to loan it out for decal design purposes 😀

Chris

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

I am not complaining, but I think these ideas for new B-52 markings ought to go here: CD72097 & CD72098 New B-52 Sheets. This thread's topic has already been printed for over a year now.

Move the postings to 'New B-52 Sheets'... 

Edited by fasteagle12
20 hours ago, Gator52 said:

That's from the May '91 issue of Airpower magazine.  Happy to loan it out for decal design purposes 😀

Thanks for tracking down the exact issue! There are a few other nice nose art in the same issue as well. I have the whole Wings/Airpower PDF set with all the issues, a pretty good investment that probably paid for itself several times 🙂

13 hours ago, habu2 said:

Wow I had no idea that was available.  While my collection is far from complete I don't think I could justify the cost.  I need to start a business and expense it !!!

Out of curiosity, how is the resolution of the pdf scans?

Habu,

I forgot that I had all the Wings & Airpower issues in .PDF form like Kursad.  I still do have several paper issues on the shelf. As to the PDFs, the screen quality is very good, even zooming in.  My printer is not that great, so I haven't tried printing. But you get excellent detail from which to do your research. 

K/r, Dutch

Edited by Dutch