ARC Discussion Forums
KursadA

CD72077 - 1/72 SAC B-52G/H

Kursad can you pleas give some updates and plans for B-52 sheets! Lots of awsome refs here for you. Thanks.

Folks, I am working on this sheet and many others, and will bring it to the market as soon as it is done. I am now busy working on getting my new batch of decals ready for shipping next week.

The one B-52 sheet I have under development has B-52D/F/G/H from the SAC era, drawing heavily from the ideas/reference posted here. I am not sure if the market will support two simultaneous releases - I am planning one sheet in April and another one in mid summer. 

Well on the weekend I found out I have access to another couple of Monogram B-52 kits. One of them is the X-15 combo version. It is at one of my modelling friend's estate sale and we are trying to help out his wife by selling his collection of books and models. He built exclusively 1/72nd post WWII. Maybe I will pick these up to help her even though I have one already. I don't know anything about the kit with the X-15 but I am guessing it has a new wing for the cut out? Just wondering if I can use it to do a regular one since it looks like I may need a couple more with Kursad's new decals.

13 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Well on the weekend I found out I have access to another couple of Monogram B-52 kits. One of them is the X-15 combo version....

I don't know anything about the kit with the X-15 but I am guessing it has a new wing for the cut out? Just wondering if I can use it to do a regular one since it looks like I may need a couple more with Kursad's new decals.

The X-15 mothership is an NB-52B. Mods to the tooling include the notched starboard wing, faired over tail gun & crew position, and new parts for the observation blister.

If doing an H from one of the various conversion sets, filling the wing is your only major obstacle since the H had an all-new tail. Doing a G is more problematic since it uses the base kit's quad .50 caliber tail turret, so for that or the "tall tail" D the original Monogram kit would be a better option. 

The B-52/X-15 combo kit is also sans bombs and external fuel tanks.

Thanks for the info guys. Ok no need to pick this up is I have no interest in the combo kit.