CD72077 - 1/72 SAC B-52G/H

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

I received my copies today and they are spectacular!

Another home run for Caracal, thanks For the great product Kursad!

Jonah

Glad you liked them - thanks for your input in the design process, and I am looking forward to the unvarnished feedback in my mailbox as well.

Yes. Kursad, you nailed it with this sheet.  I have put off building a 1/72 B-52 for years, but I have no excuse now. Thanks for the artwork and accuracy.  I  also can't wait for the 1/144 scale release. It will probably get done first. 

So what does everyone think?  I already started working on the next B-52 sheet - let me know what you would like to see changed / improved on the layout, instructions etc. so we could have the best B-52 sheets in the market. 

The ALCM/Quail markings sheet is also coming very soon.

Hi, what about some nose art for the Gs from Gulf with "stub" pylons ? I know that you have to source them somewhere (so far only Buff Master Design for Italeri/AMT kit), but some of the birds had nice nose art.

And you can only find two decals for this config, the old Almark decals and Italeri kit (which you can not build it that way without that BMD set ... go figure).

Thanks !

1 hour ago, JakubJakepilot said:

Hi, what about some nose art for the Gs from Gulf with "stub" pylons ? I know that you have to source them somewhere (so far only Buff Master Design for Italeri/AMT kit), but some of the birds had nice nose art.

And you can only find two decals for this config, the old Almark decals and Italeri kit (which you can not build it that way without that BMD set ... go figure).

Thanks !

Seconded! Some 42nd BW birds in the early SIOP scheme and Gulf War birds.

Kursad,

I really like the decal. The artwork is superb. The choice of subjects is also refreshing.  The printing is spot on. I hope that you will offer the data markings as a separate sheet for those of us who want to build more than one subject from the same sheet.  Lastly,  as a favor,  could you include another two to four pages of color diagrams showing the camouflage pattern for the whole aircraft? One sheet could be l/r side views for both SIOP and Strategic schemes,  while the second sheet could show the top and bottom views for both schemes.  It was not necessary for the overall bomber gray scheme B-52H sheet, but would be useful for the camo or natural metal/white schemes.

As for my preference for future releases,  42nd BW B-52G 58-0239 "Moose Gooser" in SIOP scheme circa 1974.  Keep 'em coming!

Kr/ Dutch 

Edited by Dutch

To all,

BTW,  I received a reply from the Air Force photo archives to my request for photos of B-52G 59-2580 "Miss Piggy" of the 97th BW circa 1980-81. The initial email acknowledging my request gave me some hope, but last email dampened my spirit. I have included it below. 

This email is in response to your request for a USAF photograph of the
B-52-G, nickname "Miss Piggy" We searched the USAF photographs in our
collection, however nothing was located.

Sorry we were unable to help you with your research request. If we
can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Best
*[Name withheld]
NARA Still Picture Reference Team

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Lastly,  as a favor,  could you include another two to four pages of color diagrams showing the camouflage pattern for the whole aircraft? One sheet could be l/r side views for both SIOP and Strategic schemes,  while the second sheet could show the top and bottom views for both schemes.  It was not necessary for the overall bomber gray scheme B-52H sheet, but would be useful for the camo or natural metal/white schemes.

Hi Dutch,

I omitted the camo schemes from the printed instructions mostly due to cost reasons. You know that they are available at the reference Web page listed at the back of the instruction booklet, right? Adding these would have required me to print a 12-page booklet, which was cost prohibitive. 

Kursad that sheet looks amazing. I only have one Monogram kit and one AMT kit but to be honest I will only ever build one B-52 in 1/72nd (famous last words). The one I would really like to do is that Balls 8 I think it is called. It has that day-glo scheme. In fact any day-glo scheme would interest me. 

Are you leaning that way for any on your second sheet?

20 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Kursad I just sent you an email with about 20 refs contains 410 BUFFS. Please let me know what you think.

KI would be a great subject for the Modelcollect kit OOB given they had the AGM-129 mission. Certainly more appropriate markings for a jet with AGM-129 than the kit option, never mind that the kit decals are quite lacking to begin with. 

Jonah

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2019 at 6:10 PM, Dutch said:

Kursad,  Will CD144020 SAC B-52G/H Part 1 be released in the September batch as well?  Just curious.  R/ Dutch

Ditto, 

I’m super pumped for the second 1/72 sheet also!

Edited by Hooker169

The new B-52 sheet is still a few months away - folks, I just released a B-52 sheet and these are expensive to print. I am working on the design and will release it in the early months of 2020.

The 1/144 scaled down version of CD72077 will be coming in October/November timeframe.

• 1 month later...

The inventory of the second 1/72 sheet (CD72077) is now down to fewer than 100 sheets, so I started working on the final layout design of the third sheet. This one will have some of the the Sawyer, Castle, Loring etc. jets that you have been asking about. Expect something very similar to CD72077 in design (i.e. same stencilling sheet, one main markings sheet and a third sheet with serial numbers).

CD144020 (1/144 version of CD72022) is coming in December.