I usually do, even though my member name is my last and first name together. I feel it adds a little personal touch. Even if you just put your first name, it lets us connect and interact on a personal level.

Ryan.

My name actually is Forrest, and I actually have autism, and I have had well past my fill of being mocked and ridiculed with that Run Forrest Run bullshit both online all over the place and in person and one time got arrested for punching a person person who got way too in my face with it. I would have zero problem taking that path again, so keep your mouth shut.

I then stopped using my name online unless it absolutely had to be used.

29 minutes ago, airmechaja said:

Soon modeling & ice fishing become major endeavors here. :cheers:

Your not joking about that!  I usually stock up on projects for the winter around this time of year so that I have something to do from November till May. Ha ha 

MacStingy,

How is using your real 1st name or nickname rather then the made up avatar handle going to infringe on your privacy? There are millions and millions Teds, Toms, Harry's, etc., then a few at best MacStingy's. 

Peter's point was that it's nice by convention to be able to reply to your real name then some of the handles members use. 

While I'm no expert, I'm assuming that with available software, one can trace a post back to the sender's email address as you can with a received email. 

Joel

If someone posted under a title that appeared to be a "real name" vs a made -up one (like habu2 for instance) how would you know it was their real name? If I stated right now my name was David Underwood how would you know that was my real name? And what difference would it make?