Looking for reference pics of F-14 intakes.

Does this help? I can't find the picture I have from Estrella Warbirds Museum of their F-14, but I did find this among the 3k F-14 pix I've collected from the Interweb. Google helped my find whence it came...

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1975_F14-A_Tomcat_(4283369392).jpg

Edited by dnl42

Evidently,  I'm a "f-ing idiot" over on closed Facebook group for this thread.  Yes I know how to use Google.  More often than not, open source material doesn't always translate to what the modeler (i.e. Me) needs to capture in a particular detail and comes up  short. 

Lots of you guys provide links or even your own photos showing a particular detail we may need to help finish a model.  

Here's a practical example.  I live in the DC area (with all the other f-ing idiots) and VMAQ-209 was a reserve EA-6B squadron that used to be stationed at Andrews AFB. There's lots of readily available photos of their old "Darth Vader" Prowler. I shot over 200 pictures of that jet (some with a scale attached to plane) so that the f-ing idiots over Fightertown Decals could do their sheet as accurate as possible.  Maybe they could have pulled it off searching Bing or a back issue of "Combat Aircraft"? My time was not wasted by helping them out.  Fightertown had a deliberate need and I was happy to help out (and score a free sheet). Just the same as I wouldn't deliberately waste your time trying to look up a simple detail or fact that's plain as day. 

V/R

Chris

ARC Resident F-ing Idiot 

5 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Does this help? I can't find the picture I have from Estrella Warbirds Museum of their F-14, but I did find this among the 3k F-14 pix I've collected from the Interweb. Google helped my find whence it came...

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1975_F14-A_Tomcat_(4283369392).jpg

Thats the money shot right there.  

Thank you.