B-2A @ Lucky Model

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

My wallet says I'm not an Early Adopter.  At that price I'll wait for some build reviews before deciding to pull the trigger. 

Amen.  

9 hours ago, Raptor01 said:

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=MC-UA72201

$99.99 WOW + shipping going to be an expensive build!

John

DAM!! I'll pull the trigger....but not until the plastic shows! At least the model prelims are detailed as he--. The C-5 aint gonna happen. But then...they don't show the plastic...I aint gonna bite! Dangit!! Frustrated with Model Collect....

Impatient to see the definitive part photos. All the ones we have seen until now were considered "test-shots-the-final-parts-will-be-refined-blah-blah-blah"...

I feel the recessed details were heavy for a beast like the B-2, not to mention the simplified main landing gears... no, will wait for a detailed review.

3 hours ago, UpperDeck said:

You seem to be frustrated about the C-5 price to the point you mention about it in many large 1/72 kit threads...

Scale is irrelevant when it comes to the price vs quality vs accuracy  of a kit.

Relax everyone, you have some time to find the extra cash!?!? I e-mailed MC about the kits and here is their reply;  "it will be ready in next month, best regards"

Oops I was asking about my pre-order so maybe that is only those kits!!??? But I will be PI$$ED if stores start selling these kits and pre-orders are still sitting on the shipping dock!!!!!

It's not a matter of finding extra money, it's a matter of knowing what you're paying for. 

I for one will wait for the reviews before deciding if it's worth three figures.  That's a lot of beer money, ya know...

15 hours ago, pminer said:

DAM!! I'll pull the trigger....but not until the plastic shows! At least the model prelims are detailed as he--. The C-5 aint gonna happen. But then...they don't show the plastic...I aint gonna bite! Dangit!! Frustrated with Model Collect....

The plastic has been shown for months now? And what has C-5 to do with Modelcollect B-2? Roden and Modelcollect are completely different companies.

Roden's C-5 kit is widely seen as way over-priced, or under-featured, for what it costs. Compare it to Revell's An-14 and C-17 kits for price and features. The only thing the Roden kit brings to the table is availability. 

Testor's B-2 plastic probably looked good in the box too.  Fit was another matter. I will wait for the build reviews before deciding to pull the trigger.

I'm not criticising this new kit I'm just taking a conservative wait and see position.

On 2017-10-20 at 9:11 AM, Berkut said:

The plastic has been shown for months now? And what has C-5 to do with Modelcollect B-2? Roden and Modelcollect are completely different companies.

They have only shown the prototype and not the final production B-2 kit. I think those who have seen it think the kit on display is not an injection molding, I can’t find those links at the moment. Only a mock-up.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, Berkut said:

Yep...LOL....I got my wires crossed. I guess I was thinking about the Roden C-5 and the ridiculous prices recently...

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, habu2 said:

Roden's C-5 kit is widely seen as way over-priced, or under-featured, for what it costs. Compare it to Revell's An-14 and C-17 kits for price and features. The only thing the Roden kit brings to the table is availability. 

Testor's B-2 plastic probably looked good in the box too.  Fit was another matter. I will wait for the build reviews before deciding to pull the trigger.

I'm not criticising this new kit I'm just taking a conservative wait and see position.

Yep....same here. Gotta see the plastic first though. No surprises of "no wait!...."

Considering how the Testors kit kicked my posterior when I tried to build it (even when trying to overcome the wing warp issues) I'll probably bite when I know these are out. Builds of the test shot look good enough anyway. One thing that would go a ways towards me deciding whether to buy it sooner than later would be knowing if the decal sheet had markings for all 21 jets since aftermarket for the Testors kit was limited. Sure, I have the IPMS USA KC con sheet, but while Spirit of Kansas is appealing to build, it is also the B-2 that crashed on Guam a few years back.

7 hours ago, Jay Chladek said:

Considering how the Testors kit kicked my posterior when I tried to build it (even when trying to overcome the wing warp issues) I'll probably bite when I know these are out. Builds of the test shot look good enough anyway. One thing that would go a ways towards me deciding whether to buy it sooner than later would be knowing if the decal sheet had markings for all 21 jets since aftermarket for the Testors kit was limited. Sure, I have the IPMS USA KC con sheet, but while Spirit of Kansas is appealing to build, it is also the B-2 that crashed on Guam a few years back.

Modelcollect released images of the included decal options via Facebook a couple of months back. 

1. 82-1066 - Spirit of America

2. 82-1068 - Spirit of New York

3. 82-1071 - Spirit of Mississippi

The artwork was supplied by Twobobs,

Mark

4 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Modelcollect released images of the included decal options via Facebook a couple of months back. 

1. 82-1066 - Spirit of America

2. 82-1068 - Spirit of New York

3. 82-1071 - Spirit of Mississippi

The artwork was supplied by Twobobs,

Mark

Holy cow....thanks! I didn't see that post. Not bad....!