OK this REALLY piqued my interest. I've spent something like 45 minutes on Google and USN.mil and simply cannot find a picture of this E-2 with the cool radome. Is there an image date in Google Earth that might narrow down the timeframe for the search?

I couldn't find a date on the Google Maps Satellite image on my phone.  Strangely, when I look it up on my phone, it is there.  However, when I look on my laptop through maps.google.com, the line up out on the flightline is different, and that aircraft is not in the satellite image...  It is parked in line with the VRC-40 hangar (due south of the hangar), facing west, with the line of C-2As behind it.  The VAW-121 bands look similar, but on the Captain America one, there seems to be more banding on the forward fuselage, than on the -121 birds.  The stripes look similar to the old Screwtops CAG bird, but the dark blue stripe is reversed (aft on this one instead of forward on AC600):

15167575280_308a7670c8_b.jpg

The "Captain America" Hawkeye is a E-2D (Seahawk 600) from VAW-126.  I know this because a buddy of mine was the squadron's Maintenance Officer (and also a big comic book nerd) and was the creative mastermind behind the painting.  Believe it was done last year - somewhere I've got some photos of the effort.

-Scoobs