So I see on Lucky Model that there is a pre order going for the soon to be released 1/48 Kinetic J-15. Price seems not bad for a big 1/48 kit. That is good news and I am glad I waited and did not have to pick up the Su-33 and the conversion set. The box art looks nice but I think my preferred scheme will be that nice pale yellow prototype. Really, how many time do you have the opportunity to paint a military aircraft in yellow :thumbsup:

Already have the Caracal sheet so I think I am all set there.

17 hours ago, Deino said:

Care to post a link or image of these decals please ?? All I see is this:

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48065

... but do decals.  :-(

Kinetic licenced the Caracal J-15 sheet artwork for this kit, so the kit decals are likely to be similar.

Edited by KursadA
  • 4 weeks later...

Hy Deino ,

you are a staff member of this site "SINO DEFENCE FORUM", can you get me the pictures posted by "AssassinsMace" in 3D rendering, follow this link https://www.sinodefenceforum.com/j-15-carrier-multirole-fighter-thread.t6768/page-153.  you'll see what I want to talk about , there are several "J-15 two seater" pictures rendering 3D, that are nice, my access is limit to this site, I can not download them in good resolution, thanks in advance.

Edited by ching kuo
19 minutes ago, Deino said:

Hmmm ... however they are depicting the alleged EW-variant J-15D including the YJ-12 AShMs which is way too small in that CG and overall I don't rate this artist very much reliable.

Anyway ... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ed64vzoz7egw01/AADpKGEihvN3ayyHYjFgOsHua?dl=0  ... hope it helps.

Ah Yesss, geniale !!!! I successful download them in good resolution, it does not matter to the artist !!! at least it gives an idea of the plane.

a thousand thanks Deino, your are the best

Edited by ching kuo
9 hours ago, Deino said:

I saw the kit last Weekend at Telford, pretty nice indeed but unfortunately I did not tale pictures of the spruces

https://www.sinodefenceforum.com/j-15-carrier-multirole-fighter-thread.t6768/page-229#post-481745

Looks like they have PL-12 specific pylon, good!! Otherwise, I was gonna get very angry! :)

2 hours ago, cvn76 said:

Not J15 actually, the cockpit is still Su33 aging instrument, not glass cockpit.

The windscreen  still has the centremolding line.

Only trade with the carrier working cart and the figures.

Not recommend

Come on ... the wrong cockpit might be an issue but not that bad and what has the "centremolding line" with "not recommend" if the Su-33 has the same issue due to the Omega-shape or is in Your opinion the Su-33 from Kinitec also "not recommend"?? IMO some sort of heavy nit-picking.

Deino

Edited by Deino
11 hours ago, Deino said:

Come on ... the wrong cockpit might be an issue but not that bad and what has the "centremolding line" with "not recommend" if the Su-33 has the same issue due to the Omega-shape or is in Your opinion the Su-33 from Kinitec also "not recommend"?? IMO some sort of heavy nit-picking.

Deino

Su33 in 1/48, Kinetic 

J15 in 1/48, Sorry 

2 hours ago, cvn76 said:

Su33 in 1/48, Kinetic 

J15 in 1/48, Sorry 

?????

The Kinetic Su-33 is - at least from what I read - not known as a "not recommend" or low quality kit... so what's Your point? Personnel opinion?

Su-33 kit is one of the best out there. J-15 is quite alright from what I've seen based on pictures, I will order one next week. Not much needed for the conversion anyway. Bunch of pylons, antennas, missiles, cockpit, decals and optional ws-10 engine. Having said that, they could have done a "better" job by including more Chinese pylons and missiles also updating the instrument panel. 

19 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Su-33 kit is one of the best out there. J-15 is quite alright from what I've seen based on pictures, I will order one next week. Not much needed for the conversion anyway. Bunch of pylons, antennas, missiles, cockpit, decals and optional ws-10 engine. Having said that, they could have done a "better" job by including more Chinese pylons and missiles also updating the instrument panel. 

That's for sure, esp. the latest YJ-83K would be a nice addition.

Otherwise the WS-10 was so far only tested on one prototype, the serial aircraft all use the AL-31F ... but overall it still does not make this kit "not recommend".