2 1/48 CT-156 Harvard II (Texan)

A customer has me doing a 1/48 CT-156 using a new Caracal sheet and a model he ordered from Israel. Just happens I have the same model (from Ibex) and the older version of Caracals decals.

So might as well make them together. Apart from the resin colour and his having some photo etch they are the exact same kit.

ULjPldc.jpg

But the one with the tan nose seems to have a missing tiny  piece of the front landing gear. The gear in general is VERY weak. Not real solid attachment points or sturdy at all. I guess the customer gets the good one and I will have to figure a fix for the one with the tan nose. Oh. this model took even MORE nose weight. Another 2 pennies each.

bNuuE7q.jpg

A little more work. I used paper clip wire to make a new nose gear. My customer showed me that a company makes replacement gear for this kit. Would no doubt be stronger but I do NOT let a kit beat me! PAPER CLIPS RULE!!!

RaYGaiC.jpg

Also, Rick!! No worries YOU get the one with the kit nose gear.

Oh yeah, when I got the nose wheel on it changed the centre of gravity. The pennies are not up to the task. So off to Walmart to find some fishing weights. Two big uns in each engine block did the trick.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

A little more work. I used paper clip wire to make a new nose gear. My customer showed me that a company makes replacement gear for this kit. Would no doubt be stronger but I do NOT let a kit beat me! PAPER CLIPS RULE!!!

RaYGaiC.jpg

Also, Rick!! No worries YOU get the one with the kit nose gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Catching up on all these builds. Very nice job, Shawn. I made one of these a while back, and it is borderline tail-sitter. I need to sit it on a shelf that has a slight down-slope or it sits on its butt.

ALF