F-35/ Have Glass paints

6 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Those are Colourcoat paints, originally from White Ensign Models (WEM). The WEM versions are outstanding enamels for both color and quality. As long as the same producer is making the paints, they should still be excellent.

Copy that. I have WEM paints in my "Finishing Stash", but was unaware of the F-22 finishes.

18 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Those are Colourcoat paints, originally from White Ensign Models (WEM). The WEM versions are outstanding enamels for both color and quality. As long as the same producer is making the paints, they should still be excellent.

Just to confirm... yes they are still produced at the same factory that supplied the original WEM Colourcoats and yes, they are expensive at $5.55 USD each. It costs quite a lot to import into the US as it is classified as Dangerous Goods Cargo and must be handled as such. Add duties and taxes and it only makes sense to bring these in lots of hundreds of tins at a time to keep costs as low as possible.

Best Regards,

Bob

H&B Hobbies

hbhobbies.com

On 10/25/2017 at 6:20 PM, goondman said:

Use Imgur. Super easy to upload into and allows you to simply copy and paste directly into the thread. Nice work on this! Maybe it is the lighting, but it looks very much like just reflective silver and black towards the front. Hard to tell due to the low lighting. 

1 hour ago, Flyboy3394 said:

Use Imgur. Super easy to upload into and allows you to simply copy and paste directly into the thread. Nice work on this! Maybe it is the lighting, but it looks very much like just reflective silver and black towards the front. Hard to tell due to the low lighting. 

Thank you! My wife said the same abo u Imgur. Will definitely give it a try

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2017 at 5:44 PM, Longtimemodeller said:

I’m using Humbrol Matt 224 and/or Modelmaster RAF Dark Slate Grey.

Adding white to achieve the lighter colors and spraying Tamiya TS-65 (Pearl Clear ) to get the “have glass” affect.

The Galaxy D48003 masking set is a must for this kit!

Please post some pics of the completed effect when you have time.  

Thanks,

Steve