Did any of you fall for this eBay seller out of China?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tamiya-60327-Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-1-32-scale-kit-In-stock-/322809003401?hash=item4b28ea7d89:g:VtcAAOSwqfpZ0MWX

He sold over 40 1/32 Tamiya Corsairs for way below market value. He sold as a pre-sale and did provide tracking. Which was very slow (probably surface). 

The first person to report what he received reported he was shipped a USB cable. A claim has been started  although he is still selling.

I didn’t fall for it. The kits were $9.99 to $29.99.

7 hours ago, Dmanton300 said:

I would walk away from an ebay sale like that on the most basic premise that it's simply too good a deal to be true. And if you wouldn't, PM me, I have the contact details of a Nigerian prince you may be interested in.

We tried to warn buyers.

3 hours ago, daviepancakes said:

Maybe the 130USD shipping is where he breaks even. Not everyone uses the 'lowest price + shipping' filter.

Not all of them had that shipping amount. The numbers were all over the place.

On 10/24/2017 at 12:58 AM, Scooby said:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tamiya-60327-Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-1-32-scale-kit-In-stock-/322809003401?hash=item4b28ea7d89:g:VtcAAOSwqfpZ0MWX

He sold over 40 1/32 Tamiya Corsairs for way below market value. He sold as a pre-sale and did provide tracking. Which was very slow (probably surface). 

The first person to report what he received reported he was shipped a USB cable. A claim has been started  although he is still selling.

I didn’t fall for it. The kits were $9.99 to $29.99.

You fail to understand several critical facts: 

1) Buyers have actually received great kits dirt cheap from sales and auctions just like that one. 

2) If the kit doesn't arrive, the buyer gets a full refund. 

3) No one "fell for" anything. Every single person that paid did so KNOWING there was a good chance that the kit would not arrive. 

It really isn't all that difficult to grasp. Since the full amount paid will be refunded if no kit arrives, the buyer loses absolutely nothing. If the kit does arrive, then the buyer got a great deal.

This has been explained ad nauseum in the thread you linked, yet some people still seem to be incapable of understanding the facts of the issue. Utterly amazing. 

D

6 hours ago, D Bellis said:

1) Buyers have actually received great kits dirt cheap from sales and auctions just like that one. 

3) No one "fell for" anything. Every single person that paid did so KNOWING there was a good chance that the kit would not arrive. 

It really isn't all that difficult to grasp. Since the full amount paid will be refunded if no kit arrives, the buyer loses absolutely nothing. If the kit does arrive, then the buyer got a great deal.

This has been explained ad nauseum in the thread you linked, yet some people still seem to be incapable of understanding the facts of the issue. Utterly amazing. 

D

No, you rarely see deals on 1/32 Tamiya kits for those prices. This was too good to be true.

If the ARC member who contacted me would post his information about this seller I would appreciate it. He too received the wrong item, until he saw my post he thought it was a simple mistake. The seller offered to send him a new package. That package was going to fall outside the 30 day period to open a claim from the delivery date. This seller would have lost everything.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

No, you rarely see deals on 1/32 Tamiya kits for those prices. This was too good to be true.

And that's where you're wrong. I got two 1/32 Tamiya A6M2 kits direct from Japan for $35 each with free shipping.

It can happen. If it doesn't, everyone that paid gets a full refund. Worth taking the chance. End of story. 

Your "warnings" fall on deaf ears because you're on a fool's errand.

D

30 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

And that's where you're wrong. I got two 1/32 Tamiya A6M2 kits direct from Japan for $35 each with free shipping.

It can happen. If it doesn't, everyone that paid gets a full refund. Worth taking the chance. End of story. 

Your "warnings" fall on deaf ears because you're on a fool's errand.

D

The suggested retail on that kit when it was released years ago was in the $75 range. Which would place the wholesale cost around $35.00. I purchased a Type 52 for $25.00 with free shipping from an eBay seller. You are comparing apples to oranges. These kits are different eras and different levels of toolongs.

Keep spending then, you should be able to get a fleet of Corsairs at a bargain basement price.

If you can’t see the necessity of posts and threads like this then you should give your head a shake. There are ways around the refunds, as I just pointed out.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

The suggested retail on that kit when it was released years ago was in the $75 range. Which would place the wholesale cost around $35.00. I purchased a Type 52 for $25.00 with free shipping from an eBay seller. You are comparing apples to oranges. These kits are different eras and different levels of toolongs.

Keep spending then, you should be able to get a fleet of Corsairs at a bargain basement price.

If you can’t see the necessity of posts and threads like this then you should give your head a shake. There are ways around the refunds, as I just pointed out.

You must be joking. An expensive kit offered at a savings of 75% is just that, regardless of age, type, or tooling. 

The very fact that your own experience in buying that A6M5 for $25 shipped validates the auction you're railing against. You got a good deal, but seem to think that others can not get as lucky as you. You're just that special, or so you seem to think.

There is no way around getting a refund through eBay when following their procedures. You're dependent on bad information - again. 

You do have quite a high opinion of yourself for thinking you're saving the world from themselves. But, you're preaching bad information to people that know EXACTLY what they are doing.

D

1 hour ago, D Bellis said:

You must be joking. An expensive kit offered at a savings of 75% is just that, regardless of age, type, or tooling. 

The very fact that your own experience in buying that A6M5 for $25 shipped validates the auction you're railing against. You got a good deal, but seem to think that others can not get as lucky as you. You're just that special, or so you seem to think.

There is no way around getting a refund through eBay when following their procedures. You're dependent on bad information - again. 

You do have quite a high opinion of yourself for thinking you're saving the world from themselves. But, you're preaching bad information to people that know EXACTLY what they are doing.

D

I bought that kit several years after the release from a seller in Japan thinning his stash. Big difference from a brand new highly anticipated release that everyone is after.

I have lost a refund on eBay. On a process took too long. 

Yeah, I’m preaching bad information. You sure are bitter and twisted. Can I transfer 40 million from my bank account in Nigeria? All I need is your bank account info. 🙄

12 hours ago, Scooby said:

I bought that kit several years after the release from a seller in Japan thinning his stash. Big difference from a brand new highly anticipated release that everyone is after.

I got my $35 Zeros brand new from a store, not some "seller in Japan thinning his stash". That kit still normally sells new for a bare minimum of the $75 you quoted earlier. But, clearly, there are rare exceptions when they can be bought brand new for far less. 

I have lost a refund on eBay. On a process took too long. 

Your own fault. No one else's. The process and time limit for filing a claim is clearly spelled out in the simplest terms possible on eBay's site. I've had to use that process only once before in 16 years of using eBay, followed the simple instructions, and it worked flawlessly: I had a full refund in less than 48 hours. 

Yeah, I’m preaching bad information. 

Absolutely. 

D

Edited by D Bellis
Corrected spelling.
2 hours ago, D Bellis said:

I got my $35 Zeros brand new from a store, not some "seller in Japan thinning his stash". That kit still normally sells new for a bare minimum of the $75 you quoted earlier. But, clearly, there are rare exceptions when they can be bought brand new for far less. 

You still don't understand, $35 on that kit is not less than cost.

I see you have trouble understanding simple words and concepts. Too bad you don't know how to stay civil.

The deal you fell for was too good to be true. Enjoy your USB cable. I'm still waiting for your bank account info. No risk, money back guarantee.

Your feeble attemp at annoying haven't worked.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

You still don't understand, $35 on that kit is not less than cost.

Where's you proof of that? It's far more likely that you're still just making things up as you go along.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

Enjoy your USB cable.

If that turns out to be the case, I will - along my full refund (because I know how to follow the simple instructions on how to file a claim).

D

image.jpg

Nothing wrong with a little "heads up" to help people avoid possible aggravation and irritation :thumbsup:. Folks can take it or leave it as they see fit. Honestly...no biggie.

Happy modeling all!

Regards,

Don.

On 27/10/2017 at 6:23 AM, D Bellis said:

If that turns out to be the case, I will - along my full refund (because I know how to follow the simple instructions on how to file a claim).

Not sure which way the hammer is going to fall here, whether you have been scammed or not - certainly it seems that others in your exact situation have been.

Your ultra-defensive passive aggression is making everyone quite uncomfortable though.

The fact of the matter is that these scams occur on eBay quite frequently, and the "sellers" know how to run a scam. For every person like you that will receive a USB cable or other cheap trinket and immediately launch a claim, there are many who won't, and your refund gets written off. The "seller" is the one losing nothing, not the buyer. 

On 10/25/2017 at 9:00 AM, D Bellis said:

D

Sorry, I don't see any link to  "the thread you linked", but instead see one to an Ebay auction. If this is somehow related to a post on another forum, I'm not seeing that connection.
Since this thread appears to have served the OP's intent, I'll mark this as "No Longer Requiring Any More Input". Thank you for your participation.

Al P
ARC Moderation Team and Party Pooper