Did any of you fall for this eBay seller out of China?

This guy has sold another 20 kits since I posted this warning.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=322809003401&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

If anyone here has opened a dispute with eBay, you can’t submit negative feedback once the dispute is opened. So leave it first. Others are finding this out.

Three people have received Large Scale Planes members have received USBs So far. Only one left negative feedback, in this sellers mirror account. This buyer knew to leave the feedback before the dispute was opened.

The second seller, which is the same person, is this seller:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tamiya-60327-Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-1-32-scale-kit-In-Stock-New/302455900965?hash=item466bc6cb25:g:g~oAAOSwj9lZqDyS

The two are selling the same unique secondary products.

The fake sellers are now selling 1/32 Tamiya F4U-1Ds for $4.99and $9.99.

6 hours ago, Alternative 4 said:

How do y'all manage to find legit cheap kits, everytime I search for kits on ebay I can only find really expensive ones.

Patience is huge. Bide your time until a good deal comes along...and it will...but it may take awhile.  If there is a particular kit you are looking for and everything listed on EBay isn't a deal then check back later and often. Patience. Also,  don't  get into a bidding war and fight the "I have to win" or "I need it now" urge. Odds are good that whatever it is you're looking for isn't as "rare" as the seller(s) want you to think. There will be another of whatever it is you're looking for posted for sale very soon.  Know your prices (including factoring in shipping) so you don't overpay. A little good luck and good timing can help too...LOL!

HTH

Regards,

Don

On 10/31/2017 at 8:55 PM, Scooby said:

This guy has sold another 20 kits since I posted this warning.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=322809003401&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

If anyone here has opened a dispute with eBay, you can’t submit negative feedback once the dispute is opened. So leave it first. Others are finding this out.

Three people have received Large Scale Planes members have received USBs So far. Only one left negative feedback, in this sellers mirror account. This buyer knew to leave the feedback before the dispute was opened.

The second seller, which is the same person, is this seller:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tamiya-60327-Vought-F4U-1D-Corsair-1-32-scale-kit-In-Stock-New/302455900965?hash=item466bc6cb25:g:g~oAAOSwj9lZqDyS

The two are selling the same unique secondary products.

The fake sellers are now selling 1/32 Tamiya F4U-1Ds for $4.99and $9.99.

Dude, I'm still not seeing what you're on about. He's charging over 130USD for shipping per the initial and this link, so he's charging more like 139,99. Further, the listing clearly states that refund will be provided if a buyer is shipped the incorrect item. I'll concede the 2d seems a bit shady, but it's still not obscene. Would you care to maybe start over and explain what, exactly, the problem is here?

If nothing else, eBay and PayPal almost always side with the buyer, so there isn't even a major risk of losing your money, so much as a delay in its return.

Edited by daviepancakes
Spelling
16 hours ago, daviepancakes said:

Dude, I'm still not seeing what you're on about. He's charging over 130USD for shipping per the initial and this link, so he's charging more like 139,99. Further, the listing clearly states that refund will be provided if a buyer is shipped the incorrect item. I'll concede the 2d seems a bit shady, but it's still not obscene. Would you care to maybe start over and explain what, exactly, the problem is here?

If nothing else, eBay and PayPal almost always side with the buyer, so there isn't even a major risk of losing your money, so much as a delay in its return.

Not all his shipping costs are $130, some of his $4.99 sales are $35.00 shipping.

He is counting on people missing the claim deadline. His feedback shows he is refusing to refund now. So far four people have received USB cables, those are only those who have reported. There likely are others.

Others might believe he accidently shipped the wrong item. While waiting for the new shipment the delivery time will pass.

What is wrong? He is shipping USB cables. He is telling those who received the usb cables it is a mistake. And then he offers to ship second package.

• 5 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Ol Crew Dog said:

The seller is now unregistered, got my money back full within hours. Worth the try!

Both of the sellers have shut down, there were two sellers with mirror image auctions. They also have a flood of negatives. All their products were scams. A lot of USB cables were shipped.

1 hour ago, Ol Crew Dog said:

Sorry but it was worth the try, I have gotten some outrageous deals on eBay at bargain basement dirt floor cheap before on eBay before. Anybody that knows me knows I go for the deals and in most  cases I usually get them.

EXACTLY. 

Got my full refund 27 minutes after filing the claim. 

D

4 hours ago, Ol Crew Dog said:

Sorry but it was worth the try, I have gotten some outrageous deals on eBay at bargain basement dirt floor cheap before on eBay before. Anybody that knows me knows I go for the deals and in most  cases I usually get them.

I have too, the unfortunate thing about this one is people kept buying when it was obvious it was fake. Even though the two accounts are suspended I wouldn't be surprised if a few people didn't file a claim. This buyer also made off with money that eBay/PayPal couldn't recover. So in reality we all pay in the long run. Payouts result in higher costs for users.