Should be a good series. The Dodgers have been playing good ball and have had a great playoffs so far. The Astros need to play much better on the road if they hope to win, especially since LA has home field advantage. My team(s) are out but I have a soft spot for the Astros. So I am pulling for them:thumbsup:.

Go Astros!

Don.

Doesn't appear to be much interest around here.   I honestly forgot that Game 1 was on and watched something else.

Astros are decent team to watch but not very easy to get behind them.   Would have really liked a Yankee / Dodger series. 

18 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Go 'Stros! Houston strong.

Ditto. Got to root for the Texas team.  Plus I hate the Dodgers anyway.  Loved the Bums

when they were in Brooklyn but when they went west to Looney Tunes land I dropped them

like a hot potato.  Was kind of hoping for an Astros - Cubs series.

Cheers,

Jerry

Extra innings games always mess me up the next day...but boy was that a great game by both teams in game #2!! If every game is going to be like that then lets take it to 7!

Regards,

Don

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:55 AM, 11bee said:

Doesn't appear to be much interest around here.   I honestly forgot that Game 1 was on and watched something else.

Astros are decent team to watch but not very easy to get behind them.   Would have really liked a Yankee / Dodger series. 

Same here. I'm a huge Yankee fan for most of my 70 years.  This year's team had exceeded all expectations by a wide margin. Being an American league fan  next with the exception of the Boston Red Sox, and being from NY, I grew up as an anti Brooklyn "Dem Bums" Dodger fan, but never forgave them nor the Giants for leaving NY and heading to the other coast. So I'm rooting for the Astros who took it to them with the long ball last night in game 2. 

One thing for sure, it's going to be a classic series.

Joel

Hey Joel you Yankee fans sure have a great young player in Aaron Judge. He's only 25 and a beast at 6'7"!!! While not a Yanks fan myself I appreciate a good player and he's entertaining to watch.

Regards,

Don

17 hours ago, Moose135 said:

I'm a Met fan - I'm rooting for the Astros because of Chase Utley.

My condolences after this year's Met season. You guys had as many injuries as the NY Giants and then some. 

Joel

2 hours ago, Joel_W said:

My condolences after this year's Met season. You guys had as many injuries as the NY Giants and then some. 

Joel

I'm a Giants fan too, Joel, this year hasn't been much fun at all!

Moose,

Joel is my brother and we've been life long Yankee and Giant fans. Hoops for me: the Kicks and on the ice; the Rangers. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm pulling for the Dodgers as if it wasn't for the Astros, it would have been a classic: Yankee vs Dodgers Series.

I'm also an avid Nikon shooter since the film days and follow Moose Peterson's site and work.

Edited by Peterpools

On 10/26/2017 at 11:06 AM, Joel_W said:

being from NY, I grew up as an anti Brooklyn "Dem Bums" Dodger fan,

Ya know, Brooklyn, a.k.a., Kings County, is a borough of the City of New York, the largest city in the State of New York.

Just sayin...

On 10/26/2017 at 11:06 AM, Joel_W said:

but never forgave them nor the Giants for leaving NY

Dang! That was 60 years ago! Ya gots to let go of this...

:cheers:

Wait, what? You're a fan of the Jersey Giants!?

:scared0016:

FWIW, I got my bachelor's in The Bronx and spent the next decade working and living on Long Island...

Edited by dnl42

dn142,

Still find it kind of weird that the NY Giants Met Life stadium is in New Jersey, but it's right over the GW bridge. Just no room on our side of the bridge for a stadium with decent parking. Even the Jets play there.  But they could have built the stadium in the Fresh Meadows park where the Mets Citi Field is located. Every time I've been to any version of Yankee Stadium, the drive is a nightmare, and getting out of there is even worse.

I know, but once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker. Even when I lived in Newport News Va, I always considered myself a New Yorker, not a transplanted Virginian

Joel

6 hours ago, Joel_W said:

Moose,

Please don't tell me you're a Knick and Ranger fan too!

Joel

No, Islander fan since they started play.  I'm mostly indifferent to the NBA, but I lead towards the Nets given their Long Island roots.

14 hours ago, Joel_W said:

Still find it kind of weird that the NY Giants Met Life stadium is in New Jersey, but it's right over the GW bridge.....

The "Dallas" Cowboys haven't played in Dallas since 1971, when they moved to Irving.  In 2008 they moved to Arlington, and are currently building a massive training facility in Frisco.  The only association the Cowboys have with Dallas is their distant past...