New Steel Beach F-14 sets now available

No worries. I'm casting more. I was a bit taken back by how fast they sold. I'll try and get some done and to Gordon for next week. It's nice that I live in the same city. It gives me an excuse to go to the warehouse. To my wife: "Hey Hon, I've got to take an order up to Gordon...." :rolleyes:

Hello Darren

Did you ever do a set to backdate a Monogram Tomcat to an early -A?  I have two coming, got them for very cheap, and was thinking about an extended poly cutting/putty orgy ;-) 

cheers

Uwe

Edited by anj4de
spelling
8 hours ago, anj4de said:

Hello Darren

Did you ever do a set to backdate a Monogram Tomcat to an early -A?  I have two coming, got them for very cheap, and was thinking about an extended poly cutting/putty orgy ;-) 

cheers

Uwe

I never did one for the Monogram kit, but with some filling, you can use the one for the Tamiya kit.

10 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Thanks all. Sorry they sold so quickly. Like I said, I wasn't expecting it. it caught me by surprise.

Heck no, dont ne sorry!!! But you will be making more though, right? ;-)

Edited by goondman

Got my sets this morning from Sprue Brothers, they look great.

Not being a complete Tomcat fanatic, what is the difference between the Block 125 update and the late F-14A update?   I have both.

I want to use the Furball Gulf of Sidra sheet for a VF-32 jet, which update would I use?

Can I use the Lantirn set with the Late update??

Thanks a lot,

Jimmy

1 hour ago, Grindcore said:

Got my sets this morning from Sprue Brothers, they look great.

Not being a complete Tomcat fanatic, what is the difference between the Block 125 update and the late F-14A update?   I have both.

I want to use the Furball Gulf of Sidra sheet for a VF-32 jet, which update would I use?

Can I use the Lantirn set with the Late update??

Thanks a lot,

Jimmy

The late A set gives you the Block 125 update (TCS, newer tail stiffeners, and ECM antenna under the wing glove and boat tail) along with the left front gear door with the ECM antenna, RIO boarding step brace, and ECM antennas on the sides of the intakes.  Essentially, a late A looks identical to a B with the exception of the GE motors and associated shrouds. You can definitely use the LANTIRN set with the late A. The Tamiya kit out of box is almost what you need for the VF-32 GoS jet. It actually needs the older style louvered gun vent (also available from SB). You won't be able to use the Block 125 update for that. However, the Block 125 update would allow you to do a myriad of different schemes through Desert Storm.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, jimz66 said:

ALL Sets are NOW out of stock already. 

Guess what I'm doing right now? :thumbsup:  I've got Thanksgiving vacation coming up, so my plan is to get a small restock this weekend (if I can find the time) and then a larger one over the Thanksgiving vacation in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, school (I teach 4th grade) and family take priority. My oldest daughter leaves for college in under two years, so I want to spend as much time as I can with her.