CH-46 land scheme?

Hi guys,

I have the Fujumi CH-46E/F in 1/72 in my stash and would like to do it in the 3-tone land scheme (grey/green/black). So two questions came up:

- Is it the right kit (version) for the job?

- can I get decals for that scheme anywhere? I only found MAW-Decals in 1/48

IIRC it doesn't matter on the kit. All have the engine parts needed. I don't think the kit tails ever changed.

To to my knowledge you can do an D, E (early) and F in land scheme. You can't do a late E as starting in 90 they started adding bigger tanks. No 1/72 kit has this change afaik. 

Also if I am not mistaken all the stencils are black so not that hard to make up for other decals. Wolfpak, Print scale and Microscale have had sheets with black markings for Ch-46. 

HTH

Those are very helpful informations - thank you!

There are some black markings in the kit but it looks like they changed the markings when they used the land scheme. On every single photo I found the CH-46s always had two big capital letters on the tail doghouse. Those are not included in the kit.

I even found some pictures where the markings were applied in green on grey surface and in grey on green surface.

No one except Maw has done green stencils that I know about. 

The  Hobbyboss kit also has some black markings. IIRC that kit is a match to the Fujimi/Testors kit so no reason to get if you have the kit on hand.

Might be tough in the scale but I would paint the scheme first, then make a mask for the markings. It is easier to match the demarcation lines then. I can see if I can find my decals and scan/photo for you if that helps.

HTH

Can't say - I just took a short look at the decals and the instructions. Perhaps I try to get the Eduard pe-set for it. But I want to build it closed and folded - no need to spend weeks and weeks of interior detailing.

On October 29, 2017 at 4:25 AM, Hajo L. said:

Ice, what´s your general impression of the kit?

HAJO

The Fujimi and Hobbyboss kits are basically the same and the only real good option. It has decent cockpit details, the cargo area has open sponsons that should be blocked off. YMMV.