1/48 Kitty Hawk Su-35S Flanker-E, Russian Air Force, 2014

On 2/1/2018 at 3:37 AM, skuki said:

Beautiful work!! I like the engines covers and nozzels, very artistic.

I am waiting for GWH one, but seeing this one I am considering KH now. Seems like it has nice surface details. Generally I like KH kits, no matter what some other might say.

Thanks Skuki!  

I am in the same boat.  I really enjoyed this and the Su-22 from KH.  This kit even more so, it really is a nice kit and fit is generally excellent.  But I too am going to get the GWH kit, looking forward to building it and comparing the two.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:49 AM, Aigore said:

Outstanding! :D

Thanks Janne, it always means a lot coming from you.  :-)

On 2/3/2018 at 8:04 AM, Darren Roberts said:

How did I miss this? This is very NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Darren, I always am very grateful to see your feedback!

On 2/4/2018 at 1:54 PM, speedlimit said:

Great job! 

Eric

Thank you Eric!

On 2/5/2018 at 6:44 PM, Joel_W said:

Great build. Perfect paint scheme and decaling that looks like they were stenciled on. but your NMF over various areas especially the exhausts is just awesome. 

Joel

Thanks Joel!  One of the reason I love building Flankers is the creativity it allows me to have when painting the metalwork and heat stressing.  I think that is the part of modelling I find to be most fun!

On 2/7/2018 at 2:35 PM, boom175 said:

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Nice!

Thanks Craig, I appreciate the kind words!

It is beautiful!. You make me want to get the Kitty Hawk kit just so I could do a pre-production bird in the eggplant scheme, which I find most attractive. Wish they were using it on the production birds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/13/2018 at 5:35 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

WORD! Excellent build!

Thanks Matt, I appreciate the kind words man!

On 2/18/2018 at 8:02 AM, AlienFrogModeller said:

WOW, well done.

Thanks AFM, I always appreciate your feedback.

On 2/18/2018 at 10:49 AM, Mstor said:

It is beautiful!. You make me want to get the Kitty Hawk kit just so I could do a pre-production bird in the eggplant scheme, which I find most attractive. Wish they were using it on the production birds.

Thanks Mstor!  I agree, the eggplant scheme is definitely my favorite as well.   The KH kit is really not so bad, not as nice as the GWH of course, but nice in it's own right.  Technically, you could also build an eggplant jet with the GWH kit as there are still some Eggplant jets in service that have the dispensers moved to the underside of the stinger.

On 4/7/2018 at 6:35 PM, TheMongoose said:

I really love the engine work 

Thanks man!  I am happy with the metalwork, although in the pics the goldish areas seem brighter than they actually are on the model.

On 5/9/2018 at 7:56 PM, Whiskey said:

Saw this today and couldn't help but recall your awesome build!

What an awesome video Zach, thanks for posting this.  The flight characteristics of this jet are just so amazing... not sure how useful some of those maneuvers would be in a real engagement, but on the airshow circuit they are incredibly impressive!

• 3 months later...