red NASA lettering in 1/32 scale

Hey Darren!

I may be able to help you out on this one. I don't know if I ever mentioned it but I am a big NASA aircraft fan, so accumulated a bunch of sheets of different size NASA logos over the years. I'll need to search through my decal sheet stash to see if any of these are in 1/32 (I think so). There have been several different decal sheets focused on NASA logos (IPMS VA, Cutting Edge) and I also had a custom sheet made years ago using the old but still effective rub on letterpress (?) type technology. Somewhere on these sheets there are markings in 1/32! I plan on doing the same but if I have any in 1/32, then I have multiple copies. 

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

I did some digging through my files, and it looks like this search might not be as easy as I thought! The NASA Hornets use a particular style of font on their tails that is not used on most other NASA aircraft. The only sheet that I have found with the correct font in red and in 1/32 is the Cutting Edge NASA logo sheet. There are two of these NASA logos on that sheet. The IPMS VA convention sheet has just about every other NASA font except this one. I have multiple copies of the correct NASA logo in this font but they are in black and not red. All (?) the typical NASA Hornets have their NASA tail logo in red. I have found only 1 copy of the Cutting Edge decal sheet in my stash so far. I'll do a more detailed search over the next few days and if I can find my other sheet then the NASA logos are yours.

Hopefully, I can find my spare sheet or Paul will have a copy of the Cutting Edge sheet and will not be using the 1/32 NASA logo. 

Have fun modeling!

Mike

Well, you can be sure I won't need 1/32 scale, but I still need to hear from you, Darren, as to which style and a measurement. I've got four different decal sheets with NASA lettering of various sizes and styles. Something is bound to come close to what you need. So, get in touch!

Hi Darren

I managed to find an extra copy of the correct font/size and color of the NASA logo for your Hornet. I could not find an extra copy of the Cutting Edge decals but I did find a dry transfer NASA logo that is the one that you need. It is yours if you want it. However, if Paul has a copy of the Cutting Edge NASA logo sheet, then that would be the better option. I think the red on the cutting edge sheet looks better to my eye than the red on the rub on sheet. As I only have 1 copy that I can find of the Cutting Edge sheet, I would like to keep that for myself for a future NASA Hornet project. 

Paul, if you do have the Cutting Edge sheet, the one that Darren needs is the larger NASA logo in the middle of the sheet that looks somewhat blocky. The length of the NASA lettering is about 27 mm at the bottom of the letters.

Have fun modeling!

Mike