polyscale paints?

Why for are you trying to buy expensive imported paints when there are cheaper equivalents available in europe?

What makes them expensive are shipping, taxes and customs, so you´ll probably pay 2-3 times as much as for european paints, which are chemically the same...just my two eurocents...

István

István, I guess it's all because we see and read more about big brands like PollyS, Testors or Gunze than European brands.

On the other hand, I also use Gunze acrylic and just love them :cheers: . Are there any European brands better in terms of quality and which could be non-toxic as PollyS or Gunze? I guess we just don't have enough information.

these were my 5 eurocents... :cheers:

Hmmm... I've heard only Vallejo name... How good are other brands? How is their quality? Are they all also non-toxic? So I can dilute them with cheap vodka  :)

The ones I use can be dilluted with water as well :crying:

Works like a charm. You can use isopropylalcohol when you have really dirty brushes, but water works too, if the paint hasn´t been applied years ago :) Each of them goes for about 2-3 Euros and the quality is equal. Gamesworkshop (Citadel) has VERY fine pigments, is VERY opaque and some of their metalcolors are similar to polished metalsurfaces with NO visible metallicpigments. Boltgun Metal and Chainmail are some of my favourite metal colors besides Humbrol Metal Cote (the polishing paints)

István

Btw.: Best thing about those waterbased acrylics is, that you can hold the parts under warm water and use a hand/nailbrush to remove all of the paint again when the paint is fresh->no smell, no toxic fumes :crying:

Vallejo, Citadel (Games Workshop), Don Color, Hobby Line, just to name a few... :cheers:

István

Talking about Don Color, I ordered with him somewhere in February, sent several e-mails, but still haven't heard from him .

Luckily my credit card hasn't been charged neither . Ordered again after that "situation" in Germany . Still nothing as well .

Stef

Talking about Don Color, I ordered with him somewhere in February, sent several e-mails, but still haven't heard from him .

Luckily my credit card hasn't been charged neither . Ordered again after that "situation" in Germany . Still nothing as well .

Stef

@Stef: :cheers: !!! I bought them at a shop, I never ordered them at "Don Color".

@Arseny: you can get them at every store that has Gamesworkshop Products (Tabletop Roleplay Figures, ie Lord Of the Rings, Inquisitor, Warhammer etc.). Storelocator should be available at www.gamesworkshop.com

The Games Workshop acrylics are good but of course their colours don't match authentic aircraft colours- I don't know what the FS equivalents of 'Slime Green', 'Enchanted Blue' or 'Codex Grey' would be. But for detail painting they're impressive- very opaque, fine pigment, dry smooth. Their 'Skull White' is one of the cleanest brightest whites I've ever used. One drawback is that the paints dry up quickly in the jars.

The Games Workshop acrylics are good but of course their colours don't match authentic aircraft colours- I don't know what the FS equivalents of 'Slime Green', 'Enchanted Blue' or 'Codex Grey' would be. But for detail painting they're impressive- very opaque, fine pigment, dry smooth. Their 'Skull White' is one of the cleanest brightest whites I've ever used. One drawback is that the paints dry up quickly in the jars.

Of course I use them exclusively for figure- and detailpainting and sometimes when I need an opaque white or an opaque and crisp yellow. One tip: if you turn them upside down after closing the bottles, the paint will seal the bottle from the inside and they will last longer without drying up. :cheers:

István