CD48131 - 1/48 H-19 Chickasaw Part 2

The first H-19 sheet  (CD48127) was a big success, and almost one third of the entire print run was sold before I shipped a single one. The first sheet covered Navy and Marines subjects, and the second sheet in the series, CD48131,  will be dedicated to USAF, US Army and Coast Guard examples. 

Coming as part of the December batch of releases.

Edited by KursadA

Awesome news Kursad.    If you're taking requests, please include the one from Thule that Sierrascale included in this link as well as Hop-a-Long that is a non-float H-19.   In reality it was a non-sagging; non-drooped, non kinked down tail boom bird just like the Revell kit is molded.

Edited by Drifterdon
  • 2 weeks later...

CD48131 will be part of the next batch - a lot of interesting options on this one, including two overall yellow Coast Guard helicopters (one with floats), several USAF helicopters including "Hopalong" (complete with the "Wiesbaden or Bust!" route map on nose), one US Army and even two Royal Navy helicopters that saw action in Malaya.

cd48131draft.jpg

Lone Star Models is currently working on an update set for the Revell H-19 kit that will include a complete cabin interior, new cockpit, and new wheels.  I am also trying to talk Mike into doing a conversion for the later cranked tail variants (would require new boom from the fuselage back to the tail).  Since buying Cobra Company and trying to make new molds of all of Chris Miller's masters, Mike is really back-up.  He is also trying to put the finishing touches on a 1/48th O-47A resin kit so he can get it out by the end of the year.  Hopefully the H-19 update set will be out in 1Q18.

Boyd Waechter

Katy, TX.

That's great news for LSM; I do hope they get that out. That's my Dad below, when he was on LST-938 during the Korean War. CD48127 is best to do something like this...

kscan_004c-small.jpg

img4-small.jpg

4 hours ago, dnl42 said:

That's great news for LSM; I do hope they get that out. That's my Dad below, when he was on LST-938 during the Korean War. CD48127 is best to do something like this...

That is really cool - I wish I had seen it before I designed the first sheet, when it would have been easy to include the appropriate serial numbers.

• 1 month later...