Blue Angel Crew Name

I'm just finishing a model of F-18C BuNo163895 to give to my friend Eric Doyle who will take command of the Blues on 12 November . The current style of crew name is slanted block lettering. Can anyone out there help me make a name decal in 48th? I don't have an Alps and can't think of another method aside from hand painting. Thanks fro your ideas

Do you have the name of, or an example of the font they are using?

You might want to contact the guy from this site ("Coop" ?), he seems to have the name font correct and might be able to send you a file with the proper name, sized to 1/48th scale. From there, you can send it to someone who has an ALPS printer who can bang out a few for you.

https://forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?t=9388

Also, Kinetic is releasing a Blues F/A-18 soon...not sure what team names they will have on the decal sheet, but it may be for the 2018 roster.

Edited by 82Whitey51
3 hours ago, BillS said:

Thanks Whitey. I might have to go without Eric’s name. The Change of command is a week from Sunday. Im giving him the jet Friday night. It was a long shot, but hey!

Ahh...Yeah November is here, "Homecoming Show". Well, you might be able to add he name later. I've tried printing yellow names on my laser printer and they just do now work out...too thin, background color bleeds right through.

I love the “your name here” idea! But this is meant to be a replica of buno 163895 with all it’s little nuances. It looks very nice but  if I ever do another legacy Hornet, I’m going back to Hasegawa. I didnt think the fit was what it should be around the intakes, windshield and that seperate forward fuselage joint.  Frankly I’m glad its finished!  In one week It’ll be in its  new home in Pensecola base housing or the boss’ office.

Edited by BillS
Improper comma
10 hours ago, BillS said:

... I’m going back to Hasegawa. I didnt think the fit was what it should be around the intakes, windshield and that seperate forward fuselage joint. 

Maybe I missed it - which kit are you using for this build ?