I used this stuff years ago.. It was like a blue thick gooey like substance that was brushed on to mask areas for painting. Worked really good.. I would use Tamiya tape and use the goo in the rounded corners.. What’s this stuff called and where can I get it? -Ed 

Liquid masking film.

Any hobby shop with a Microscale rack should have Micro Mask - it's blue, so probably the stuff you remember.  Ambroid EZ-Mask is also found in a lot of North American hobby shops; it's more of an emerald green, but sold in the same style of Microscale jars.  Gunze sell it in a few styles as "Mr. Masking Sol" in a glass jar.  And Humbrol have a purple version called Maskol.

You should be able to find at least one of those from pretty much any hobby shop.  Barring that, art supply stores should also sell masking fluids - often as liquid frisket or drawing gum.

2 hours ago, Bob Beary said:

You can also use Elmer's Washable Clear School glue. Put a drop of food coloring in it. You can brush it into corners or tease it in with a toothpick. It is readily available and inexpensive.

Bob

This is a good tip and likely a more economical alternative .....THANK YOU

Pep, are we allowed to ask how come you were in possession of the body paint in the first place......?!:rolleyes:

As for using elmers glue, for the colouring, you may want to put some watercolour paint rather than food colouring, as the newer food colourings can stain, especially when used with acrylics.  Essentially it is just something to help you see where you put it

Les

17 hours ago, lesthegringo said:

Pep, are we allowed to ask how come you were in possession of the body paint in the first place......?!:rolleyes:

As for using elmers glue, for the colouring, you may want to put some watercolour paint rather than food colouring, as the newer food colourings can stain, especially when used with acrylics.  Essentially it is just something to help you see where you put it

Les

Hah! it was actually a leap of faith, i was truing to find an ammonia free liquid as so i could use it over futured canopies and ran into this on Amazon.

I bought one tub like 5 years ago and i still have a buch!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...