ARC Discussion Forums
HomeBe

1:35 - Sikorsky HH-60G Pave Hawk & MH-60L Black Hawk by Kitty Hawk - 3D renders+box art

Yes it is true.  A few of the guys on this site have been helping with this Pavehawk.  The names of Ray, Tim and Ramon ring a bell?  They are the experts.  I'm sure we'll see other variants of the Blackhawk in the future.

Floyd

Cool stuff..!!

I don't know anything about black hawks... A quick (maybe dumb) question

can this be turn or build as one of the Battle of Mogadishu" Black Hawks?

Awesome.  I can't wait to see these come to fruition.  An updated H-60 is great.

4 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

...question can this be turn or build as one of the Battle of Mogadishu" Black Hawks?

Yes, with a little work and swapping out guns and a few other parts.

2 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

Awesome.  I can't wait to see these come to fruition.  An updated H-60 is great.

Yes, with a little work and swapping out guns and a few other parts.

Thanks Sir. 

Looks like I will be able to build a decent OEF Pedro after all!

Not a UH-60 expert, wondering if there are any issues with the current 35th scale kits?  Only thing I remember reading about was that they had something wrong with the exhaust geometry.   Aside from that, I thought they were pretty well regarded. 

8 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Not a UH-60 expert, wondering if there are any issues with the current 35th scale kits?  Only thing I remember reading about was that they had something wrong with the exhaust geometry.   Aside from that, I thought they were pretty well regarded. 

As a former UH-60A Crew Chief, the Academy 1/35 scale kits suck in regards to detail, fit, and accuracy. In 1/48th, the Minicraft kit also sucks for the same reasons.  I haven't tried the 1/48 Italeri UH-60, but the Italeri SH-60 was not that bad.  If you are not as intimately familiar with the H-60s, then its  just some fit issues to overcome but they can come out looking pretty cool.  You just have to work at it a bit...

Just my humble opinion.

-Ramon

43 minutes ago, anvil6 said:

As a former UH-60A Crew Chief, the Academy 1/35 scale kits suck in regards to detail, fit, and accuracy. In 1/48th, the Minicraft kit also sucks for the same reasons.  I haven't tried the 1/48 Italeri UH-60, but the Italeri SH-60 was not that bad.  If you are not as intimately familiar with the H-60s, then its  just some fit issues to overcome but they can come out looking pretty cool.  You just have to work at it a bit...

Just my humble opinion.

-Ramon

Ditto! I like Ramon was an ex crew chief and let's start, shall we. Exhausts are totally shaped wrong, APU exhaust opening is in the wrong place, no pitot tube mounting "bumps", the fuselage contours near the tailboom section are way off, nose is misshapen, no cockpit floor chin bubble structures, pilot's seats don't set down in the stroke wells, H-bar is wrong, no camber to the tail pylon camber fin, rotorhead is pitiful, no rotating scissor assemblies, instrument panel interfering with the windshield, whole cockpit lacks proper detailing, gaps everywhere around the cabin, no broom closets on the crew cabin walls. 

And that's just off the top of my head!

Tim

6 hours ago, anvil6 said:

Just my humble opinion.

-Ramon

To that end then, I'll probably use the Academy one as a practice build/ None OEF detail, and then hopefully the Kittyhawk release provides for a better build so I can add the detail I want. 

7 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

Ditto! I like Ramon was an ex crew chief and let's start, shall we. Exhausts are totally shaped wrong, APU exhaust opening is in the wrong place, no pitot tube mounting "bumps", the fuselage contours near the tailboom section are way off, nose is misshapen, no cockpit floor chin bubble structures, pilot's seats don't set down in the stroke wells, H-bar is wrong, no camber to the tail pylon camber fin, rotorhead is pitiful, no rotating scissor assemblies, instrument panel interfering with the windshield, whole cockpit lacks proper detailing, gaps everywhere around the cabin, no broom closets on the crew cabin walls. 

And that's just off the top of my head!

Tim

I'm assuming this is about the Academy kit.  Part of the issue is that the aircraft is squished along the water line which throws things off.  

Floyd

Sweet. I can see a nice looking dio with that upcoming little bird in the near future.

4 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I'm assuming this is about the Academy kit.  Part of the issue is that the aircraft is squished along the water line which throws things off.  

Floyd

Yes, I'm talking about the Academy kit.

Tim

Oh my oh my!!! This is pure awesomeness. I cant wait to see how it turns out. Love the idea that we will have another hawk in the big scale. I wish the can release also the army versions and why not the navy ones too. 

Thank you Kitty Hawk for listening. Now please you may follow with an Apache in 1/35, and obviously the 1/35 Huey!! 

Keep em coming! 

Rod.

Hi there ,

This is verry good news . A dream come true .

But does some one know if the cabinroof shows the structurebeams and electronic boxes and other details . 

Grts Jan 

Agreed, I thought it was gonna be 48th, given previous discussions with my fellow LEO....

Jeff

On 11/4/2017 at 4:33 PM, salvador001 said:

Oh my oh my!!! This is pure awesomeness. I cant wait to see how it turns out. Love the idea that we will have another hawk in the big scale. I wish the can release also the army versions and why not the navy ones too. 

I think last week I saw a Facebook post from Kittyhawk asking about underside picture references for Sh-60Bs and MH-60Rs...

3 hours ago, zerosystem said:

I think last week I saw a Facebook post from Kittyhawk asking about underside picture references for Sh-60Bs and MH-60Rs...

Yes they are looking for underside views of the SH-60B, R and S.

Here are some images showing the underside oh the MH-60S taken from the USN web page.

Aq34vXL.jpg

ywof605.jpg

Two of the interior. Notice the floors have different patterns.

MLuFWQ9.jpg

xCCO3c2.jpg

Please consider doing the USN H-60's in 1/48.

Here is a USN MH-60S medevac with the EIBF and C/F dispensers. USN photo.

2szGfkG.jpg

These were found online but forgot where so unable to give proper credit.

XxGGTbN.jpg

FiVZOEm.jpg

MH-60R found on the USN web page.

MH-60R underside.

xNZzYRN.jpg

uBd6TyP.jpg

The MH-60R had two different C/F dispensers. This is the early type.

Ft1Mo1D.jpg

Here is the later C/F dispenser which is the same as on the MH-60S.

MT2ZHJe.jpg

Here are the different types of C/F dispensers on the MH-60R. Both are from the Olimp 1/48 MH-60R and MH-60S resin sets.

The early type is on the right. The one on the left is more commonly seen now and also on the MH-60S.

H1hK901.jpg

KmRDwWE.jpg