ARC Discussion Forums
HomeBe

1:35 - Sikorsky HH-60G Pave Hawk & MH-60L Black Hawk by Kitty Hawk - 3D renders+box art

7 hours ago, oppenheimerj said:

so both helicopters have different rotor heads???

Yes, the USN (and USCG) version has the provisions to power fold included in the rotor head. They also have different shaped rotor blades with the blade root angled to accommodate folding.

US_Navy_030405-N-7781D-023_An_Airman_per

The Army and USAF version have a fixed rotor head.

47b58PICatQ.png

1 hour ago, italycrew said:

Hello gents, someone of you has seen the kit up close?

The kit has not been released yet.

Posted (edited)

pictures of shizuoka show shows HK blackhawk with resin pilots and a guy sliding down the rope
 IMG_4860.jpg?x53881 

So you will have a large choice of figures for this birds : LR, Black ops probably, KH and mines...

Edited by norbert

It looks really cool. They got the HIRSS shape and look right. Would love to see more exterior and interior pics! Can't wait for it to come out. Now we just need some Somalia era aircrew figures!!!

Tim

Its available for preorder at Free Time Hobbies.  $110.  Both MH-60L and Pavehawk.

It is a pitty they will not do the option to fold the rotor blades (as I understood Floyd) since it is possible to fold them manually.

I did preorder pave hawk and now I am considering to cancel it and wait for the navy one. I just couldn't imagine that beside all those opened panels and exposed engine they will no do the option to fold blades. 

I just like it more with folded blades so I planed to make it as "ready for transport",  tide up, with fod's etc, or even during inspections.

Maybe I'll stick to the order if it can be done without too much surgery... any ideas how difficult it might be?

Also, any inside info on release date? :)

4 hours ago, skuki said:

It is a pitty they will not do the option to fold the rotor blades (as I understood Floyd) since it is possible to fold them manually.

I did preorder pave hawk and now I am considering to cancel it and wait for the navy one. I just couldn't imagine that beside all those opened panels and exposed engine they will no do the option to fold blades. 

I just like it more with folded blades so I planed to make it as "ready for transport",  tide up, with fod's etc, or even during inspections.

Maybe I'll stick to the order if it can be done without too much surgery... any ideas how difficult it might be?

Also, any inside info on release date? 🙂

I never said that you won't be able to fold the blades.  They had the references so maybe.  I don't know that part of it.  I only see the nose avionics panel exposed.  We've, KH and I, have talked about having them closed up and a score line on the inside.  I think that is the current state they are doing.  The avionics door off is so you can see the detail contained inside.  There is no release date as of now.  It looks like it was pushed back into early 2019.  Not sure why.  

Floyd

52 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

It looks like it was pushed back into early 2019. 

52 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I never said that you won't be able to fold the blades.  They had the references so maybe.  I don't know that part of it.  I only see the nose avionics panel exposed.  We've, KH and I, have talked about having them closed up and a score line on the inside.  I think that is the current state they are doing.  The avionics door off is so you can see the detail contained inside. 

Oh, ok, than there still is the chance for folded blades. You said that they do plan on it for all the Navy variants, which for me meant not for others 😄 

Hmm, few shops in Europe accept preorders with release date indicated mid October... I guess they will have to revise that

I've found out in the meantime that Croatia is getting two UH-60M , so I'll start to look for options to make an conversion

Pushed back to early 19? I’m sure it will be more than worth the wait. 

Looks like the forthcoming Kitty Hawk HH-60G will also come with a crew, PJs, and casualty.  They look pretty nice.

48393207_2234548050137141_1365101564863147688045_2234547920137154_81820275377155

Edited by HeavyArty

53 minutes ago, Sarathi S. said:

What is up with that M249 though?  It's not 1996 anymore.

LOL....  aft cargo compartment seems a bit desolate as well.  No side armor plates for the pilots?

On 12/14/2018 at 10:22 AM, Sarathi S. said:

What is up with that M249 though?  It's not 1996 anymore.

Pet peeve: model companies have ignored the PIP polymer stock, the Savit stock, & the new M248/M240L buttstock.