1:35 - Sikorsky HH-60G Pave Hawk & MH-60L Black Hawk by Kitty Hawk - 3D renders+box art

Hey, they got the Werner's Wings logo on it!

I for one can't wait to get my hands on this new model. A new tooled H-60 has been desperately needed for some time. Come on KH and put out more hawks, especially the MH-60M!!!

Tim

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think so except for the weapons exhaust and ESSS. The A model had the narrow M/L gear sponsons, no ESSS and no HIRSS, whereas the L model had wider sponsons. ESSS, and the HIRSS.  AFAIK, everything else should be the same. You'll have to buy Floyd's excellent UH-60 stencil sheet and the Workhorse of the Army sheet!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
1 hour ago, hawkwrench said:

I would think so except for the weapons exhaust and ESSS. The A model had the narrow M/L gear sponsons, no ESSS and no HIRSS, whereas the L model had wider sponsons. ESSS, and the HIRSS.  AFAIK, everything else should be the same. You'll have to buy Floyd's excellent UH-60 stencil sheet and the Workhorse of the Army sheet!

Tim

As you listed, you should have most of the parts to build a UH-60A/L with HIRSS from this kit.  You would also need the earlier pointy, non-folding stabilator for a standard UH-60A/L model as well.   I don't know if it is included in the kit or not.  I have a few left over from Academy H-60s though.

Early A models had the open exhuasts.   Also note there are no wire cutters.

Sikorsky_UH-60A_Black_Hawk_(S-70A),_USA_

Later A models had HIRSS installed.

2155212.jpg?v=v40

Later A models also had the ESSS connection points added as well.

049-83-23869.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

Cool.  I’ve been thinking for a while to do an OIF helo with those dust filters, updated ASE gear, etc.  Will be interesting to see if the MH comes with the full set of troop seats.   

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds very nice indeed.  I don’t believe the old Cobra inlet dust filters & ASE upgrades are available any more.   Floyd, any interest here?   Actually, do you know if this kit would include the latest ASE gear (missile warning sensors and the extra flare dispensers)?  

BTW - looking at Gino’s pics above, in the last pic, I noticed those steps under the cargo door.  What purpose do they serve?    Never seen them before.   Are they some sort of rappelling platform?   

Edited by 11bee
5 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

If it includes both types of stabs, you could build just about any US Army or USAF H-60 from it.

I don't know.  We proofed both types.

4 hours ago, 11bee said:

I don’t believe the old Cobra inlet dust filters & ASE upgrades are available any more.   Floyd, any interest here?   Actually, do you know if this kit would include the latest ASE gear (missile warning sensors and the extra flare dispensers)?  

While I'm interested unless I find someone who is willing to do the CAD on them I won't be releasing them.  

As far as the ASE goes, we proofed it so they may be included but I have no say over what is or isn't in the kit.  I only proof the drawings to make sure when they are there that they are correct.  

Floyd

19 hours ago, 11bee said:

BTW - looking at Gino’s pics above, in the last pic, I noticed those steps under the cargo door.  What purpose do they serve?    Never seen them before.   Are they some sort of rappelling platform?   

From my experience, those steps are usually associated with VIP support units.  501st in Korea had a couple of VIP birds with steps installed stationed on our airfield in Taegu, and the SHAPE birds also have those steps added on.  Its just to make it easier to board the cabin.

-Ramon

Now they do look really nice, both the Hawk and the little bird. 

The one thing I'd like to see though is greater thought placed in the design and moulding technics, there can be no doubt that the surface detail is excellent, but let's have a chance to keep it. Small steps would bring large dividends to the modeller. If we look at the amount of detail on the belly area, the manufacturer could split the model into three component parts at the floor level and preserve the belly area as one moulding, it would mean time spent having to be taken to align the three parts (the belly and two vertical sides) but with locating pins and tabs this wouldn't be out of the skill set of most modellers tackelling this kit. In addition, on the top of the model have the transmission covers as seperate items, this again would help the modeller achive a great finish on the upper surfaces. Tamiya was doing this in the 80's and 90's with its large scale Phantom and Tomcat kits, Academy produced probably the best F4 range by moulding the top of the fuselage as one part.

Please don't think I'm knocking Kitty Hawk, no I'm not, I whole heartedly applaud the release of any large scale helicopter, especially US subjects and especially if a large scale Seahawk or Jayhawk comes from this release. 

Edited by Wafu
On 5/7/2018 at 8:56 AM, Cubs2jets said:

I don't know anything about applicability of specific parts, but Mike West at Lone Star Models bought out Chris' Cobra Company molds/masters and is working to get parts available.

http://www.lonestarmodels.com/store/c77/lsmcc-35029-uh-60-barrier-filters

C2j

Hey, thanks for the link.  For some reason I don't recall this set being available previously.  Sounds like as long as KH provides the choice of horizontal stabilators, we should be able to build a standard UH-60L right out of the box.  Really looking forward to seeing more shots of the plastic.   I've been wanting to build a OIF Hawk for quite a while.  With this kit, the barrier inlet filters from Lonestar, the great Live Resin M240 set and Floyds decals, looks like I'll finally be there.    Floyd, I know you don't get involved in PE but any clue if the KH kit will have PE seatbelts (including those for the troop seats)?  If not, probably have to go with the pricey Eduard set.  By the look of the kit, I'm hopeful that we'll eventually see an UH-60M with the upwards exhaust.  That would allow me to finally build this interesting looking helo.

Image result for US Army Blackhawk mosul, iraq 2017

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, HeavyArty said:

As you listed, you should have most of the parts to build a UH-60A/L with HIRSS from this kit.  You would also need the earlier pointy, non-folding stabilator for a standard UH-60A/L model as well.   I don't know if it is included in the kit or not.  I have a few left over from Academy H-60s though.

Early A models had the open exhuasts.   Also note there are no wire cutters.

Sikorsky_UH-60A_Black_Hawk_(S-70A),_USA_

Later A models had HIRSS installed.

2155212.jpg?v=v40

Later A models also had the ESSS connection points added as well.

049-83-23869.jpg

So I know nothing of the different versions of the Blackhawk family. Will you be able to do the medevac version in the pic above from one of the kits?

25 minutes ago, Wolfgun33 said:

So I know nothing of the different versions of the Blackhawk family. Will you be able to do the medevac version in the pic above from one of the kits?

The Medevac version  in the pic is just a regular UH-60A. The gear that makes it a Medevac bird is all in the cabin, so if you get a Medevac interior set from werner's wings you can build an Alpha Medevac bird.  Extra points if you can scratch-build an internal hoist, or scrounge one from from one of the Academy kits, but it is not mandatory.  Lots of times we flew missions with the carousel installed but not the internal hoist.  Hope this helps.

Cheers!

-Ramon

Edit* I am just speaking in general terms, i am not sure how much back dating will be necessary from the Kitty Hawk kits, or if an A/L boxing is imminent from them.

Edited by anvil6
2 hours ago, anvil6 said:

The Medevac version  in the pic is just a regular UH-60A. The gear that makes it a Medevac bird is all in the cabin, so if you get a Medevac interior set from werner's wings you can build an Alpha Medevac bird.  Extra points if you can scratch-build an internal hoist, or scrounge one from from one of the Academy kits, but it is not mandatory.  Lots of times we flew missions with the carousel installed but not the internal hoist.  Hope this helps.

Cheers!

-Ramon

Edit* I am just speaking in general terms, i am not sure how much back dating will be necessary from the Kitty Hawk kits, or if an A/L boxing is imminent from them.

Thanks! That does give me a base to go on.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, now that's on my list to buy. Punchy art work as well.

Reedoak figures would set that off a treat. It's going to be an expensive 2018 with this and the new Tamiya F-14D😂

Edited by Wafu
4 hours ago, Wafu said:

Reedoak figures would set that off a treat.

Totally agree!! While I've got some of the Live Resin quadbikers set aside for troops sat in the door, I'd love to see some purpose built ones. And definitely crewmen leaning out the window as pictured.