ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1:35 - Sikorsky HH-60G Pave Hawk & MH-60L Black Hawk by Kitty Hawk - 3D renders+box art

7 hours ago, Wafu said:

Reedoak figures would set that off a treat.

They would need to be modified w/some different vest and a little different gear, but would look great.

Nemrod makes/made a USAF MH/HH-60G crew (35201) that includes a dor gunner hanging out the window.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu0ldxkGDH7DP0cQib7W5NEMR-35201.jpg

from recent pics, it looks like USAF crews use now the same gear as the US Army, even in multicam instead of digital tiger stripes. However, I will certainly do the former version with CWU-27 flight overall. For the gunner, only waiting for the kit to be released...

Great news. How about some PJs too with Ops Core-type helmets?

767?v=1452802972&w=1680&h=945&s=eede0c09

Was thinking live resin will do those. Maybe I have a deeper look.

2 hours ago, norbert said:

Was thinking live resin will do those. Maybe I have a deeper look.

Maybe they will seeing as a current kit is hitting the shops? Either way the 1/35 helicopter modeller will get a detailed set of USAF Crew.

Norbert, I wish you'd do a RAF crew for the Chinook with MERT Paramedics in 1/35, can't see it happening though.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:10 AM, HeavyArty said:

They would need to be modified w/some different vest and a little different gear, but would look great.

Nemrod makes/made a USAF MH/HH-60G crew (35201) that includes a dor gunner hanging out the window.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu0ldxkGDH7DP0cQib7W5NEMR-35201.jpg

Those figures would work well for a 2001-2004 OEF/OIF HH-60G. 2011-current deployed crews wear the two piece flight suit, HGU-56/P, and an Eagle CIRACS vest. 

Looking at the plastic parts, the Hawk got a lot of strenghtening plates installed over the time. Is there any chance to tell when were which installed ? As my focus is mainly in Gulf war 1991, I guess in that time they had none or a very small portion of them installed (as the airframes were quite new I guess). So if one wants to build 1991-era machine, there will be a lot of surgery to make it correct. Any ideas then ?

Thanks !

If you want to build an ODS-era HH-60G/MH-60G the Academy kit is pretty close. All that is really required is a couple of M130 flare buckets for the forward sponsons and you're there.

Hi, thanks for the response. I guess the new KH kit will be more detailed, but to backdate it to 1990-era will be a pain in the ... Is the Academy correct shape-wise ? So Academy kit + Eduard PE + Cutting Edge detail sets ? Thanks

14 minutes ago, JakubJakepilot said:

Hi, thanks for the response. I guess the new KH kit will be more detailed, but to backdate it to 1990-era will be a pain in the ... Is the Academy correct shape-wise ? So Academy kit + Eduard PE + Cutting Edge detail sets ? Thanks

No, it is not correct, and the HIRSS is totaly wrong. Out of that, many of us build it.

As Norbert says, the Academy kit is not perfect, but with some work, it can come out looking great.  The worst areas that you have to live with (short of major work) are the too blunt nose and the HIRSS that are at the wrong angle.  With some PE and some elbow grease, it can come out looking great.  It definitely looks like a Black Hawk when done and only those who really know about them can tell what is slightly off.  Depending on how the KH one builds up, you may still be able to backdate it though.  I would wait to see what it is like when it comes out.

Edited by HeavyArty

22 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

As Norbert says, the Academy kit is not perfect, but with some work, it can come out looking great.  The worst areas that you have to live with (short of major work) are the too blunt nose and the HIRSS that are at the wrong angle.  With some PE and some elbow grease, it can come out looking great.  It definitely looks like a Black Hawk when done and only those who really know about them can tell what is slightly off.  Depending on how the KH one builds up, you may still be able to backdate it though.  I would wait to see what it is like when it comes out.

yes, was thinking the same, maybe based on KH UH-60L, and take eduard UH-60A PE to help for the backdate, if the alpha IP is not inside the box...all difficult to say so long we do not have the kit in hands. 

Hopefully eduard makes a big ed set for the KH kit, otherwise we'll have to use the old eduard PE.

Tim

Slight delay on the MH-60L, still this year but a few months later.   I noticed some issues and they are addressing them.  They needed to fix that now because they were easily doable.

Floyd

4 hours ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

Slight delay on the MH-60L, still this year but a few months later.   I noticed some issues and they are addressing them.  They needed to fix that now because they were easily doable.

Floyd

The Irene decals came in today, so I'm ready for the kit. I'm glad to wait a few months for a more accurate kit though. It'll probably just sit on the shelf in the bedroom closet for a while anyway! Thank's for the update. 

Aaron 

Latest test build pics posted.  It is looking better and better.

010.jpg011.jpg012.jpg

Thats looking rather good.  I cant wait to see it. I will be waiting for any  Navy version they will release..  Love to see some interior photos if possible.

Impressive looking kit! Huge improvement over the Academy kit and hopefully the basis for a family of H-60s. 

Eta: I know they’ve been announced, but I have trust issues. 

Edited by GMK

17 hours ago, Sarathi S. said:

Shouldn't the chain gun be canted upwards slightly?

Maybe ever so slightly.  Easy to adjust during construction.

DSC_0189.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTVgo0XovH7M5fobtRV2u

Edited by HeavyArty

Floyd, do you know if they ill have the option of folded blades? it would be great so it wont take that much space on the shelf

Jorge

1 hour ago, oppenheimerj said:

...do you know if they ill have the option of folded blades? it would be great so it wont take that much space on the shelf

No, US Army (and USAF) H-60s do not have folding rotors like USN H-60s do.  They can be folded, but not easily and not automatically like USN H-60s can with a switch from within the cockpit.  For Army H-60s, each blade has to be manually folded by removing a couple bolts and adding a spacer (red pieces below) that secures the blade in the folded position at the blade root.

US Army Black Hawks

size0.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTjnlXcgtwXwC4Ri6x8pFmaxresdefault.jpg

USAF HH-60G Pave Hawk

image.jpg

Specialized, auto-folding USN H-60 rotor head.  Very different than the "fixed" rotor head used on US Army and USAF Hawks.

US_Navy_030405-N-7781D-023_An_Airman_per

Edited by HeavyArty

1 hour ago, oppenheimerj said:

Floyd, do you know if they ill have the option of folded blades? it would be great so it wont take that much space on the shelf

Jorge

They do plan on it for all the Navy variants.

Floyd

23 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

No, US Army (and USAF) H-60s do not have folding rotors like USN H-60s do.  They can be folded, but not easily and not automatically like USN H-60s can with a switch from within the cockpit.  For Army H-60s, each blade has to be manually folded by removing a couple bolts and adding a spacer (red pieces below) that secures the blade in the folded position at the blade root.

US Army Black Hawks

size0.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTjnlXcgtwXwC4Ri6x8pFmaxresdefault.jpg

USAF HH-60G Pave Hawk

image.jpg

Specialized, auto-folding USN H-60 rotor head.  Very different than the "fixed" rotor head used on US Army and USAF Hawks.

US_Navy_030405-N-7781D-023_An_Airman_per

so both helicopters have different rotor heads???

Edited by oppenheimerj