Cyanoacrylates - need advice

If you want some excellent thin super glue, try Dr. Mike's model and crafter's glue . You will not regret it .

Available at Sprue Brothers . 

For the gel, you could get several small tubes at Harbor freight . Inexpensive , multiple small tubes. If oe goes bad just toss it and get another . I have not had any problems with either.

Cheers, Christian ....Dr Mikes will glue anything together.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:04 AM, airmechaja said:

dnl42 is correct. CA is all the same no matter the brandname. The

only difference is its viscosity. If you want it to set fast use Zip Kicker.

Last I heard, there are three companies in the world that manufacture cyanoacrylate in its varied viscosities to be purchased by whoever wishes to package it. There is a noticeable difference in quality.

Ken

just to add my two cents, I've been using Gorilla CCA glues that you can buy at all t he Big Box home improvement centers, drugs stores, etc. It comes in a fast thin which is more of a med liquid, and a Gel. Both work very well, and give you a little more time to work with before they set.  And as a bonus, the nozzles don't seam to get clogged and a general mess like I usually end up with.

Joel

• 4 weeks later...

Don't apply CA directly from the bottle. I squirt a little onto a metal surface, dip a Glue Looper in the puddle and then apply to the joint. There are others devices that do the same thing. You can also carefully break the end off the eye of a sewing needle, so it forms a Y, and use that. I use this same approach to use CA as a filler.

For the thicker stuff, I squirt a little on that metal surface, dip the gluing end of the part into the glue and then attach.

Dollar store or regular grocery store stuff.  I put down a piece of masking tape down on my desk and squirt a small puddle on, then use a toothpick or small loop from copper wire to apply.

I use Zip Kicker when i need speed, and apply the kicker with either a paintbrush or a toothpick.

Hardly ever use the pump sprayer

MY $.02

Tony

Edited by Snowbird3a
43 minutes ago, breadneck said:

Let`s not forget about the Zip kickers nemesis. Not everybody is aware there is such a thing around. I`ve tried it and it works like it says it does.

https://www.hobbytown.com/uncure-ca-debonder-1oz-by-bob-smith-industries-bsi161/p37080

I just use acetone-based fingernail polish remover. It's cheaper and you get more.

Chris