48th scale B-36???

I don't have Facebook but I ran across this:

On December 1st 2017, B-36 Peacemaker in 1/48 scale kit will be released. Realy huge, fibreglass/ resin kit will be produced in a very limited edition - only 100 pcs. are going to be produced! Each kit will contain a special certificate with the serial number of the kit. The price is stated to 575 Euro. Pre-orders via info@hphmodels.cz are being accepted, so do not waste the time!

From here...

https://www.facebook.com/hphmodels/?fref=mentions

Looks like it will fetch close to $700 USD... but hey, it comes with a certificate and close to a 5' wingspan :rolleyes:.

Fiberglass and resin!!  Gotta use CA as adhesive??  Seen anything about the weight of this model???

Really looks good with excellent detail!!

Hummmmmm.  Here comes Santa Claus, here come Santa Claus......

Bo

25 minutes ago, afoxbat said:

... wonder if the Little Lady will let me blow $700.00 on this monster???

afoxbat 

I would have to hope that it was big enough to live in as that's where I'd get sent if I showed up with a model that big and that expensive...LOL!

Wonder how long it will take to sell the 100 kits?

Happy modeling!

Don

Strategic Air Command is on Turner Classic Movies this Saturday AM!!  The B-36 scene in there will get those juices flowing!!  Some of the best air photography there is!!!

I still wonder how much this model will weight!!  Just handling it during build may be toooooooo much!!  Will DEFINITELY have to build. paint and decal it in sections!!  Then finally assemble it at the end.

Bo

13 hours ago, SinisterVampire319 said:

If Women can spend this much on a pair of shoes, we can spend $700 bucks on a model!

59feaa850b70e_JimmyChoos.thumb.jpg.a428d3962242373123a8c780f0f01561.jpg

Holy crap, FIVE LARGE? For shoes? Excellent point, though! 

I'm pretty sure my cutie has never spent $700.00 on shoes much less five grand. She's not that Hollywood! Wonder if there's enough extra room in there for a Mk-17? (They always buy em a size or two, too small anyway).

Lol! Thanks for the post!!

Best Regards,

afoxbat

It's not $5K diamond encrusted footwear they are buying.  It's these little not so cheap obsessions:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tieks&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwirkc6blKjXAhWLxYMKHfzEDeYQsxgIJw&biw=1920&bih=971

Two or three pair of them in your wife's closet and you are good for all the Tamiya 1/32 Corsairs you would need.  An HpH 1/48 B-36 is not such a stretch for a man with a significant other possessing a Tiek problem. 

Rick "my wife only has one pair" L. 

Never heard of em until you enlightened me! They look like ballet shoes. But when it comes to women's foot ware, there are no bounds ! Or, to be fair, men's toys.... ( but ours are cooler )....

Regards,

a smarter afoxbat

Wrong scale and sure wrong price for me, but maybe can address the weight issue. I have an A model Tradewind kit with a fiberglass fuselage  and it is as thin and about the same weight as it would be if done in plastic. But anything that big in resin and fiberglass is going to be a bit heavy. The amount of weight removed from you wallet will about equal the weight of the kit!! But it sure would not equal the divorce lawyer's fees.

Norm