How to Protect Paint in Movable Parts

It looks like the leading edge wing root is rubbing against something inside the area it swings into (a tiny plastic sliver/burr?). Even a slight rub or snag can damage your paint. A little light sanding of the internal area during assembly would help alleviate that. Dry fit and swing the wings in and out keeping a close eye on possible contact/snag points. Sometimes you can even feel something that you can't see as you swing the wings in and out.

Aside from that, you can always do what "f12aaa" suggests and simply don't move them.

HTH

Regards,

Don

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:47 AM, dnl42 said:

Mr Color is very resilient. IIUC, it's used on Gundam models for that reason.

Having written that, f12aaa does have an excellent suggestion :whistle:

I have used Mr Color on my gundam model. While it is pretty resilient to handling, it cannot stand up to moving surfaces. 

In my limited experience, the paint will rub off joints. 

Really, there isn't anything that will prevent paint rubbing off if there is contact.  Even 1:1 articles are not immune.  Some paint will stand up better than others, but moving surfaces will wear through the paint.  The only way to be sure is to have enough clearance so the surfaces don't rub, or not to move them at all.