Forums are working again.

35 minutes ago, Joel_W said:

Steve,

Thanks so much for getting ARC back up and running again. Was the problem on their end?

Joel

The problem was a "bad cache".   To be honest I do not know what that is.  LOL  Databases are not my thing.

1 hour ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

Thanks - now please have that guy look into why the "go back" function is almost useless because a page refreshes itself 10 times a minute so you can't get to the previous one..

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

16 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

Thanks - now please have that guy look into why the "go back" function is almost useless because a page refreshes itself 10 times a minute so you can't get to the previous one..

I went through all the settings in the Admin control panel and I can not find any way to adjust the refresh rate.

Sorry

20 hours ago, Tailspin Turtle said:

I've found that clicking the back button rapidly a bunch of times in succession will often (finally) get it to go back a page. When I see the "connecting" message at the top of my browser window, it does it.

I am not observing this frequent refreshing and back button not working behavior. I am using a mac with chrome.  Let me see if I have a setting which might account for this

edit:

I could not find a setting in my account profile which would suggest this kind of functionality. In the meantime I will just consider myself lucky.

Edited by Kurt H.

I work with two different Macs, both using Firefox. The back button works as it should on all sites other than this one except for some advertising pages, where it won't go back. In some cases on this site, the back button works. Much more often, as in this case, the current page is listed upwards of 40 times so if I don't see the previous page on the first pull-down screen, I just start over.

I've also noticed that the back "Arrow" doesn't work here, but works fine on every other site. I'm running Edge and Windows 10, both of which get updated automatically.  It's strange indeed that this issue has now popped up, and no adjustments seem to be available to fix it. 

Joel