Hello Jonah,

I would personally go with the Eastern Express kit every time. It is a 'clone' of the old Otaki kit, which was always thought of as the far superior kit of the TriStar.  

I built (and still have hidden away) both the Airfix and Revell kits in the mid 70's before I knew what accuracy was. They were both apparently based on 'impressions' of what the L-1011 would look like. The Airfix version suffered from very undersized flap track fairings on the wings, as well as an incorrect number of them. The centre engine intake/tail lacks the contours of the real thing.

Revell's kit misses the dolphin? shaped nose of the actual plane. It also has all the baggage hold doors duplicated on both fuselage halves.

The EE kit needed a little cleaning up of some the parts, but that was just a few swipes with a sanding stick. The latest versions of the kit also come with the later short hot sections of the engines and some centre intake trunking S duct.

Dave

Edited by halcyondave
sprlling error