CT-142 Dash 8 Gonzo

Yet another one for this GB. I think this might be number 20. Again built for someone else. This is one of Hobby-Craft worse kits. The CT-142 Dash 8 with Leading Edge decals and a plastic Gonzo radar nose.

85LXffb.jpg

Well, having the same problem with this kit that I had with mine.

The windsheild just does not fit. So I will fix it the same way I fixed mine. Black paint. Which actually works well in 1/72.

Jh9Qs4U.jpg

On 11/12/2017 at 7:45 PM, phantom said:

Well, having the same problem with this kit that I had with mine.  The windshield just does not fit.

That's when I threw mine in the trash can and never looked back.  Only one of two models I ever disposed of before completion.

No, what I am doing (in 1/48) is grafting a CF-104 nose direct from a Hasegawa kit. Have the decals all ready and a DC-3 to put them all on......Just need the time to do it.

If you can find a trash 1/72 Starfighter I can make the Electric dak for you.

Oh, and the decals in 1/72.

Edited by phantom

For info purposes, you can't just graft an F-104 nose radome on the C47, there is an adaptor section piece between the two....(I know because I provided an old 1/72 Hasegawa 104 nose radome to Dave Koss but he had to scratch build the section between before he cast the noses for his Pinocchio set. The front of the piece is the radome diameter while the rear is the diameter of the nose of the C47 when the front nose hatch is removed and the angle is different than that of the radome)

Edited by RCAFFAN
On 20/11/2017 at 7:39 PM, RCAFFAN said:

For info purposes, you can't just graft an F-104 nose radome on the C47, there is an adaptor section piece between the two....(I know because I provided an old 1/72 Hasegawa 104 nose radome to Dave Koss but he had to scratch build the section between before he cast the noses for his Pinocchio set. The front of the piece is the radome diameter while the rear is the diameter of the nose of the C47 when the front nose hatch is removed and the angle is different than that of the radome)

True...

On 20/11/2017 at 8:52 PM, phantom said:

Oh, well.......Have to figure something out then.

I made it work in 1/72 several years back with a stock Hasegawa nose and forward fuselage section. Took a bit of fiddling, and was not perfect, but was in the "close enough" category for me.

ALF

• 3 years later...