Tamiya 1/48 Kawasaki Ki-61d Hien (Tony)

Hello it's been a while since iv'e posted on this great forum and while i wait for Tamiya's promising 1/48 BF-109 i will build this brilliant 1/48 Kawasaki Ki-61d

DSC00119_zpshfvcsotr.jpg

DSC00120_zpsqlbpetdi.jpg

DSC00121_zpse2eug4gx.jpg

DSC00122_zpsjyiulakt.jpg

DSC00123_zpsmwudg5rd.jpg

Only have these photos for now but i will have plenty more shortly

Cheers Lee

Lee,

I'm looking forward to following your build. The Toni is Tamiya  latest prop release in 1/48 scale, and should be at the cutting edge in design, and engineering execution. I'm also interested in seeing how the Eduard Big E set works with the kit. Can't imagine that the kit really needs that much detail help.

Joel

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 12:45 AM, Joel_W said:

Lee,

I'm looking forward to following your build. The Toni is Tamiya  latest prop release in 1/48 scale, and should be at the cutting edge in design, and engineering execution. I'm also interested in seeing how the Eduard Big E set works with the kit. Can't imagine that the kit really needs that much detail help.

Joel

Hi Joel

The Toni sure is a state of the art kit and the Eduard set is just as advanced it will add a lot of extra details such as fully detailed dropped flaps and scale thickness gear doors to name just a few :)

Just got stuck into the cockpit details and fitting the Eduard parts i am really happy with the instrument panel from Eduard the printing is so fine it would have been impossible to paint it that neatly and the pe seat side details and rivet detail where also added from Eduard's set it also includes the row of rivets for the bulkhead behind the seat which will be seen through the canopy the set also includes the gun sight detail.

DSC00129_zpsiv6gkyxo.jpg

DSC00132_zpsuwfoqvos.jpg

DSC00133_zps9rzawxlv.jpg

DSC00137_zpseaybklrv.jpg

DSC00138_zpsv2scxg48.jpg

DSC00139_zpsz5thai9p.jpg

DSC00142_zpsvbaep9qo.jpg

DSC00144_zpsm0sp4hwj.jpg

DSC00146_zpssk7pkgek.jpg

Just a bit more pe and detail painting and the cockpit will be complete

Cheers Lee

On 11/26/2017 at 10:04 AM, skystreak80 said:

Hey Zac

What one is that ?

Jerry Yagen’s #640, which arrived at AvSpecs (about 5hr drive from me) in mid-June to be restored to fly. As it’s the first one I’ll ever see fly I expect I’ll want to build it! They have Kermit Weeks’ one too “for reference” but I’m hoping it’ll follow.