It’s getting close to Black Friday again.  I figured it might be useful to have a thread listing the various sales from online hobby shops as they are announced.   Does anyone know what Squadron, Sprue Brothers, Scale Hobbyist, etc., have in the works?   I haven’t seen any official announcements yet.  

I see Eduard is offering 25% for BFC members this weekend (Telford show) and again on Black Friday.  It can be worth it for orders over $150 USD because the shipping is free and they generally stock everything they make. Anyways- I figured we could update this thread with holiday deals as they are announced.  

Happy shopping!

Steve

25% off Eduard's inflated US prices isn't really a big deal.  I'd rather see them offer the same pricing they charge in Eastern Europe, since it's *half* the US prices, every day.  Even charging their EU export prices would be a bigger deal than 25% off their global/US price.  /rant

10 hours ago, MoFo said:

25% off Eduard's inflated US prices isn't really a big deal.  I'd rather see them offer the same pricing they charge in Eastern Europe, since it's *half* the US prices, every day.  Even charging their EU export prices would be a bigger deal than 25% off their global/US price.  /rant

I hear you - Bf 109G profipack kits are cheaper through ScaleHobbyist than they are through the Eduard store at 25% off- but the selection isn’t the same, and it is awesome to buy overtrees for $15 USD from Eduard.  

12 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

and it is awesome to buy overtrees for $15 USD from Eduard.  

If you live in Eastern Europe, Eduard only charges you $8 for those overtrees, and that includes 20% VAT.  

You're paying a $7 'Foreigner Tax'. 

Shapeways is offering free shipping:

From Monday to Sunday (November 20th-26th) there will be FREE SHIPPING for Own Models Only, for orders over $25.

On Cyber Monday, November 27th, there will be FREE SHIPPING for both Shoppers and Own Models, for orders over $25.

(In other words, free shipping on stuff uploaded to your own account all week, and free shipping if you want to buy something from someone else's Shapeways storefront on Monday.)

Edited by MoFo
3 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Will spruebros have a Black Friday  or cyber Monday sale?

Just received this from Sprue Brothers:

Black Weekend Sale Begins Now! - Additional 20% Off All Model Kits on Any Orders Over US$30.00

From now until 11:59pm US Central Time Sunday November 26, 2017, receive an additional 20% off our everyday discounted price on all model kits* on any orders over US$30.00. No coupon required - just add to cart and discount will be automatically applied once your order reaches US$30.01.  As a newsletter subscriber, you are getting one day advance notice of this sale to allow you to have first opportunity to make your selections.

Discount applies only to orders placed during the discount period, to in stock items, and on individual orders only. Also, please be aware that due to the overwhelming response, we will not be combining multiple orders for shipment that are placed between now through November 30 - all orders will be shipped individually as originally received.

Note - this sale started with 34,676 different items that are IN STOCK which is the largest in stock selection under one roof in North America.

logo.jpg

Happy Turkey Day Everyone,
In case you missed our Facebook announcement, ALL of our decals (excluding items already listed in the sale tab) are now 20% off their normal retail price. This sale will end Monday at 11:59 PM (EST Time) so get your discounted items while you can. These prices may never come around again! Hope you are having a great holiday, and thanks as always for your continued support.

17 hours ago, fulcrum1 said:

Squadron is doing 40% off $400 which would be great if they had kits in stock....

This was very disappointing. I was prepared to spend and save but you're right, the stock is very depleted of Trumpeter, Meng, and many others.

Squadron was diappointing. I only picked the new Airfix Mustang, everything else out of stock that I was looking for or more expensive than Sprue even with the discount. 

I did well at Sprue, all told saved about $50 and free shipping. 

I get the DACO newsletter and reidair posted it on his facebook site. Not only books are reduced but also decals. New books are cheaper, too. But not so much as old books.

Mig Jimenez has it on his website, you can see the sale on the left column. He has items reduced for 25% and 15%.

Edited by tobiK

Yeah, I also looked though Squadron but everything I was interested in was "Out of Stock". Granted I was only looking for a few things as I don't really need anything but still...no joy. Oh well. I got a couple things at other places but like I said, I wasn't really in the market.

Hope everyone else did well though!

Regards,

Don