A6M5c Nakajima Zero, 1/72 Academy

Hello all

Looking for a simple project to give the first try at acrylics paints, pulled out this model from the stash. Japanese WWII aircraft are the least of my interest subjects so, in my mind, everything about the zero was well documented and the only topic unsettled was if the hinomaru paint flake off as bad as the rest of the paint or crews keeps it in pristine conditions. I thought a few clicks on google would solve this but instead realized how little I knew.

After several months of work in the model, web surfing and two books read finally got it completed, still managed to get some accuracy things wrong but here it is, comments and critiques are always welcomed.

Academy kit, CMK cockpit set, Eduard detail set, Aber and Master gun barrels, EZ-line antenna cable.

Painted with Tamiya acrylics, Vallejo primer, metallics and flat coating. Weathering with pastel chalks, Tamiya panel line accent, AMMO pigments and oil brushes

POarfhU.jpg

oEWKoiP.jpg

MgnSzE0.jpg

u0t0JtE.jpg

n9BMddn.jpg

vQsvT1B.jpg

KEcF9XZ.jpg

nSsJERr.jpg

Regards

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you dzejo

Indeed they are scratched, the wheel bays in the kit are too shallow; along with the dihedral of the wings and the external tank supports those are the main corrections this kit need. Later I'll post pictures of the build.

Regards

Carlos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...