EA-6A tail fairing shape question

Hi Luigi,

Fewer than a dozen Electric Intruders received the ALQ-126 “beer can” antenna mod as part of a late life improvement program called RECAP. This is the same antenna found on EA-6B Prowlers, for which better reference photos exist.

There were no other changes to the EA-6A tail pod itself. 

At at first glance, the EA-6A and EA-6B tails appear identical. But there were shape differences, particularly at the rear. From behind, the “A” tapers to a narrow triangular cross section, while the “B” forms a bulkier five sided rear face, which Revell incorrectly copied for their 1:48 EA-6A kit.

9FrDVyQ.jpg

zXLZTjg.jpg

gPgUA4o.jpg

YZNKvHF.jpg

A look at the EA-6B Prowler tail with ALQ-126 (but note the overall tail’s broader cross section compared to Electric Intruder)

5V0ZW62.jpg

Rich thanks,I did notice that they had different tails when I was checking Fujimi and Italeri EA-6A with Hasegawa's EA-6B and it's own clone from Hobbycraft because a modeller from Japan fixed Italeri tail pointing out the faulty areas which made me to buy back a Fujimi EA-6A.The first time I've seen the beer can,the fairing's shape looked like something added later and taken from a Phantom IR/ECM or whatever it was fairing,turns out it's not so I only have to scratch it out from some sprue trees ^^

Wish I could say the same about 300 gal drop tanks as "if" the pictures are right then Attack Squadron fuel tanks will require some fixing to differentiate between late and early tanks,and maybe write off the suitable for Harriers from the instructions

Hint

sPnM9JM.jpg

Luigi

Edited by Mizar