chinese J-15 T two seater

hello everyone,

can someone get me some pictures of the Chinese Future J-15 two seater, I have next project of a scratch build, I found some synthesis pictures , but not very good quality if someone can access this site "https://www.sinodefenceforum.com/j-15-carrier-multirole-fighter-thread.t6768/page-153"  my access is limited to have high resolution images, it will be a great help and a big thank's in advance.

Sorry to steal this thread a little bit, but what is the best jumpstart kit to use in order to come up with the semblance of J-15, is it Su-33 or J-11? I ask becoz I read somewhere that you need to "steal" or should I say one could use many parts from the existing J-11 kits to build a neat J-15.

Edited by flybywire
8 minutes ago, flybywire said:

Sorry to steal this thread a little bit, but what is the best jumpstart kit to use in order to come up with the semblance of J-15, is it Su-33 or J-11? I ask becoz I read somewhere that you need to "steal" or should I say one could use many parts from the existing J-11 kits to build a neat J-15.

Kinetic has a 1/48 J-15.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48065

7 hours ago, flybywire said:

yes, Kinetic will release a J-15 running 2018

11 hours ago, mingwin said:

maybe search for J-15S instead?

naval+Chinese+aircraft+carrier+ex-Varyag

maybe there is not much picture available because there is very few flying airframes yet?

Thanks mingwin, I try with J-15S it gives nothing, it's true, there are two or three prototypes J-15 twin seater flying very few

I got the damn K kit today. 

Not J15 actually, the cockpit is still Su33 aging instrument, not glass cockpit.

The windscreen  still has the centremolding line.

Only trade with the carrier working cart and the figures.

Not recommend:crying: 

The Kinetic 1/48 J-15 is in stock at LuckyModel.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48065

Kinetic added the specific Chinese type pylons, missiles and decals. I don't have the kit so can't comment on the cockpit parts.

lSjRHH8.jpg

CFX0aRd.jpg

LuckyModel also has in stock a set from Dream Model J-15 that has the updated cockpit displays in PE and resin pylons.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=DMC48023

YrzhYcz.jpg

5 hours ago, Flankerman said:

What is the J-15S designed for ???

Strike??

Deck landing trainer???

Ken

As far as I know it was once planned as a trainer and maybe striker ... but latest rumours say it has been merged with the J-15D EW-variant as a multirole type similar to F/A-18F & EA-18G and the trainer role will be filled by another type.

16 minutes ago, twong said:

Early on the J-15S was supposed to be trainer/strike. The J-16 was supposed to be their version of the E/A-18G but now the J-16 is supposed to be EW/strike. The J-16 has no canards though.

But You have to differ between J-15 for Naval Aviation and J-16 for the Air Force. The J-16 was never "their version of the E/A-18G"; only the J-16D is.

Since the J-15 is and was always a single seater the PLANAF needed a trainer = J-15T, which could also be a striker similar to the AF J-16.

The PLAAF never needed a trainer since the J-16 is and was ever a twin-seater but both developed into similar roles esp. with the D-variant.

So in the end, the PLANAF will get (eventually) the J-15 as a twin-seater as a combined variant for both the striker and EW-role, whereas the PLAAF introduces the J-16 also for both roles. 

I raised the question - because the Russians tried to make a tandem two-seat deck landing trainer in a similar way to the PLANAF J-15S - combining a Su-33 with the two-seat cockpit from a Su-27UB

They hit a problem because the rear instructors eyeline is a few feet above that of the trainee in the front cockpit.

This doesn't matter on land (e.g. the Su-27UB trainer), but trying to train for landings on a carrier deck using a landing lens (Luna, Fresnel etc) to give the correct  glideslope,  the differing eyelines of the instructor and pupil caused a problem.

That's why they developed the side-by-side seating on the Su-33UB - in which both crew members have the same eyeline.

I wonder if the Chinese found this out the hard way???

Ken