C-141B Colours

I know that during the 80s that the colour scheme of the C-141Bs changed from the Grey/White to Euro 1, but were some aircraft still in the Grey/White scheme at the time of Op Desert Storm? I only ask as I am making a model of one from this time period and would prefer to make one in the Grey/White scheme.

IIRC, up until 141's and C-5's were painted grey, each wing had at least one painted white over grey.  Something about being able to operate camo aircraft in certain countries.  I could be wrong, but I thought my old man told me that.  He was a flight engineer on A's and B's.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 12:05 AM, BoeingDriver said:

IIRC, up until 141's and C-5's were painted grey, each wing had at least one painted white over grey.  Something about being able to operate camo aircraft in certain countries.  I could be wrong, but I thought my old man told me that.  He was a flight engineer on A's and B's.

That is mostly correct.  Each wing had at least two C-141s / C-5s in hi-vis white over gray c/s because the DoS could not get diplomatic clearance for camouflaged "warplanes" to enter any of a number of countries' airspace around the world, not just South America.  Flew on a wht/gry C-141B in Africa during mid 90's.