Mr. Paint Question

So I'm getting ready to enter the painting stage (my absolute favorite) of an F-15C I've been intricately detailing for the past few months.  While I have the appropriate Mod Eagle colors in Model Master and Aeromaster I was just wondering about the Mr. Paint set for the Mod Eagle.  How accurate are the colors?  (Any photos of a Mod Eagle done with their brand would be great)  I feel like I've heard Mr. Paint is an acrylic lacquer (similar to Mr. Color) and that it has a strong chemical odor, is this true?  Do they have a regular acrylic version of their paints?  If so, do they spray well?

Thanks  

Dan

Since I have partial color blindness I'm probably not going to be very helpful with regards to color accuracy! That being said, MRP (Mr Paint) does offer good out of the bottle matches for most colors (near as I can tell!). MRP is an acrylic lacquer and does have a strong odor that some may find offensive. They do not offer a "regular" acrylic version of their paints. MRP airbrushes fantastically, so no worries on that front. 

4 hours ago, dsahling said:

Do they have a regular acrylic version of their paints?  If so, do they spray well?

Thanks  

Dan

MRP has just released a line of normal Acrylics.  They are called Aqua Colors .  The Aqua Colors line has just been released so you can be brave and be among the first to try, or see if you can find some reviews on youtube.  

A word of warning on MRP gloss varnish...

I have a Tomcat in the works that has the basic colors coming from Gunze Mr.Color, so also stinky lacquer...but I like them due to their easy spraying. The color coat is several month old! I then sprayed MRP gloss over it, masked some areas and sprayed Alclad II. All good so far. After removing the masking tape I saw a few flaws where Alclad had gotten under the tape. I tried to get those tiny pieces scratched off with a tooth pick and to my surprise the slightest preasure got me through the MRP gloss and Mr.Color gray right onto the plastic! So...after applying MRP gloss do not trust the "dry feeling"...it is not dry yet! You will have to wait, best over night or longer, until the softened coats underneath are hard again as well. Not sure how long that might take...

cheers

Uwe