Flight Demonstration Team GB

Flight Demonstration Team GB  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a Flight Demonstration Team Group build ?

• yes
    • no

I was looking over the GBs I participated in this year and it got me thinking of builds I have in mind for next year.  I realized we do not have too many group builds planned, and a GB with a simple premise would be fun.

Then it came to me, how about a GB for Flight Demonstration teams like the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, Snowbirds, Red Arrows, Blue Impluse?   We can keep it simple, any scale, defunct teams, current teams, and even What Ifs.   Warbird decals has sheets with interesting ideas, such as  Thunderbirds F-106 and P-51. We could also include the support planes.

I think the only limitation would be to limit the GB to teams associated with a military service.

I found a similar GB from back in 2009, so I think it has been long enough to do it again.   What do you think? Is this something you would like to participate in?   A March start date sounds like enough time to plan a build and acquire kits, decals, parts, and clear up the bench. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Aussie_superbug said:

I'd like to play as well.. the RAAF had a few aerobatic teams over the years 

The RAAF had a 20th anniversary scheme done up on one of our F/A-18's in 2015  that acted as demo plane. Could this be included?

yes