Inbox report by a member at Britmodeller:

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, Sundowner14 said:

Well, I have my sticky mitts on the kit which has come to me in Dubai, direct from Hobbyeasy. It’s decent. Some really quick observersations;

• Good packaging with the internal foam protecting the wings and fuselage parts.
  • The wing parts are really thick and substantial; can’t see them warping over time. 
  • Panel lines may be a bit heavy for some, especially as this is a stealthy aircraft.
  • Airelons/speed brakes are posable but basic.
  • The cockpit detail does not compare with the previously posted renders; it’s decent, the seats more than adequate unless you decide to up the upper access hatches; the etched instrument panel, which may not be seen once everything is closed up, is really well done and I particularly like the fact that the screens are in switched off mode.
  • Need to check again, but I don’t think the wheels are weighted.
  • I’m not sure of the accuracy of the bomb bays and rotary launchers, but they are well done. 
  • I’ve read elsewhere that the Mk.84 bombs are really poor. I don’t think they are poor Mk.84s, but they are average B.61s or B.83s...
  • Intakes and exhausts are full length. The bays can be posed open though would need detailing.
  • The instruction sheet does not have any colour call outs at all, apart from the main fuselage colour and listing white for bays. Otherwise the instructions are decent.
  • Three decal options although all B-2s are listed on the sheet. Decals are Two Bobs and also appear to be decent.

Overall, it’s a weighty bit of plastic and not a bad effort. It’s not Tamiyagawa or Z-M, but it’s much better the The Italeri/Testors offering. I will be interested to see what they do with the Bone.

Received the kit yesterday, and I agree with what was posted above. Well packaged with the diecut foam for the fuselage upper and lower and the wing parts. They are very stout parts. Molded in a dark grey plastic, so the parts that need to be painted white will need a white primer coat.

The instruction guide has 42 assembly steps. It starts with a brief history and a list of the aircraft with Block numbers and serial numbers. There is a parts layout, followed by 10 construction steps for the cockpit. Next steps are assembling the landing gears and bays, the bomb racks and bays.

Next is the engines with intake ducting and exhaust. I don't see any ejector pin marks on these parts after a quick look.

The instructions note to put 50g of weight in front of the cockpit.

Note: in step 12 the main landing gears are sandwiched in between the walls of the gear bays which would make them vulnerable to damage as construction continues. The remaining steps cover the wheels, more bomb bay parts, doors, NLG, and finally the wings.

There is a painting guide at the end with top and bottom view and a chart with FS #s and model paint equivalents from 5 brands. MM, Humbrol, Mr. Color, Xtracrylics, and Mr. Paint.

Decals from TwoBobs with markings of 3 aircraft.

1 photo etch fret with consoles and instrument panel that are pre-painted.

Overall, a nice kit. The panel lines are crisp but a little overdone. If you want to arm it, go with aftermarket.. IMO.

Mark

Agree with everything mentioned in above 2 posts & overall am very happy with the kit. My only gripe is the boundary layer bleed ducts, the saw tooth area where the intakes meet the fuse, as in the Testors kit they are solid!!??? The way MC designed the kit these could have been separate parts, oh well, mine is taped off and some saw cuts made!

• 5 months later...