My customer has a couple Ontario water bombers he wants built.

Both the Heller kit (215 and 415) with Leading Edge decals.  

S25lPyw.jpg

A good chunk of the models are exactly the same so I will build them together.

Closed , long way to go. The one closed up nice and tight. The other needed a bit of putty. They were both prepainted yellow. But notice how the rear plane is a much darker yellow/orange. No problem, I had planned on at least one more coat.

M6ZzyM1.jpg

Even in real life, the interiors are pretty much invisible from outside. You put WAY more effort than I would have into those interiors... :worship:

Are the two kits that different, or one is just older (to require putty where the other one doesn't)?

ALF

So far I think the one is just older. The differences do not seem to happen until the wing and engine stage. One thing that worried me is one of the kits has all kinds of broken landing gear parts.

It is, and the cockpit is actually pretty busy. I gave them blue seat covers as that was what I saw on a photo. Not working today so hope to get the wings on after I do the Christmas lights.

Now I'm starting to see it! In case you're interested, a couple reference pics for you. Took these at the Bagotville airshow in 2011.

H4nyWiw.jpg

j50UZt1.jpg

Great job on the yellow. That's a hard colour to get right.

ALF

On 11/24/2017 at 7:56 PM, ALF18 said:

Now I'm starting to see it! In case you're interested, a couple reference pics for you. Took these at the Bagotville airshow in 2011.

H4nyWiw.jpg

j50UZt1.jpg

Great job on the yellow. That's a hard colour to get right.

ALF

I don't think I made it up that year?  Can't remember.  I do remember '13, '15 and '17 though.  What's in the water up there?  Almost everyone is pregnant or pushing a stroller!

Nice work Shawn.  As ALF said, yellow (and white) can be a PITA to get right.  Even with a primer of light grey I can still FUBAR white and yellow.

Mike

Well, I had planned to finish these guys, however......new kitchen and Christmas decorating took priority. At least the house looks good.

Hopefully my one day off next week will allow me some time.