Jan,

Just a spectacular build. Outstanding finish with the slightest of weathering for a extremely well maintained aircraft. 

I do have one question. Your recess panel line wash looks more like a darkish Gray then black, and works extremely well with the light gray and white colors, much more so then the more traditional black guys like me would have used. Did you use a commercial product or is it a home made color, and what color did you use?

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Hi Joel, thanks, i did use AK panel line wash grime color, is a mix of brown and gray, as always i dont like to use black wash for the panel lines, to much contrast with light colors, on the bottom side i used a Ak filter called yellow gray for white on all the panel lines

jorge

15 hours ago, oppenheimerj said:

Hi Joel, thanks, i did use AK panel line wash grime color, is a mix of brown and gray, as always i dont like to use black wash for the panel lines, to much contrast with light colors, on the bottom side i used a Ak filter called yellow gray for white on all the panel lines

jorge

Jorge,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try them both out. 

Joel

Jorge - really nicely done.  I'm about half way through one of those myself, and I was wondering about the kit decals.  Did you have any problems with them - and what did you use for the underlying gloss coat?

George

Hi George, i didn’t use the kit decals, never liked tamiya’s decals, they are thick, i used Furball decals, about the gloss finish for the decals, also didn’t use any, the satin finish of MRP paints is perfect for the decals to set without any silvering effect

Jorge

Thanks Jorge - I've got the Furball set - but the printing on the Tamiya decals always looks nice, and I'd thought maybe I'd give them a try.  Yours looked so nice - I wondered if you had used them.  Furball it is :)

George

Be careful with furball’s decals, they are really thin, and when you use the decal set solution careful with it, cause they turn really fragile, after using the decal solution dont even try to touch them or you will get into big trouble

the only decals i used from the tamiya sheet were the NO STEP stencils

jorge

Jorge, 

I completely agree about not using any Set on AM decals till the decal is in it's proper position. Most are so thin that they end up looking like they were painted on, and thus are super fragile. What I've found is that some warm water with a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap lubricates the model's surface ,and the decal floats on top for easy placement. Then I carefully wick up the water while adjusting as necessary. Doesn't really take all that long, but the method works. Once the decal is in place a lightly patted down, I use the Microscale system followed by Solvaset if needed. 

Joel