Piaggio Avanti - 1/72 scale Amodel kit

Just finished - after it was put aside for a while - the Amodel kit of the elegant Italian Piaggio P-180 'Avanti'.....

avanti_001.jpg

Two marking options are given in this release - a Spanish-registered charter turboprop EC-LPJ - or an Italian Marina version....

avanti_018.jpg

I replaced the ill-fitting clear cabin windows with black decals - printed onto clear decal sheet using my inkjet printer.

avanti_019.jpg

Because of the decal windows, I left out the fully-detailed cabin interior (which can't be seen cleary even if the clear windows are used).

avanti_023.jpg

The Avanti is typically Italian - like a flying Ferrari - although I have heard some people say it is ugly???

avanti_026.jpg

I think it's gorgeous.

Ken

PS - Some more photos - plus sprue and build shots.... here.

Good looking catfish!  

I had the good fortune to ride in one of the first demonstrators in the early 90's.  Surprisingly roomy inside.  As fast as the small Cessna Citation jets on half the fuel flow.  Unfortunately, the unorthodox look put off buyers.

Beautiful job on a challenging model.

C2j

10 hours ago, Aeronca1121 said:

Beautiful plane, beautiful model. I have had problems with some a model kits. How was this one ? They do offer a great selection of unique planes.

Typically Amodel - large sprue gates - bigger than the parts themselves in some cases - most small items having to be 'squared up' along the various edges.

Nothing that a bit of old-fashioned modeling couldn't fix though.

The cabin windows were ill-fitting and not very clear - hence my decal versions.

Ken